Three in One

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I snuck in a little time to create during nap time and didn't want to miss deadlines, so I'm back!  I don't even remember the last time that I did a three-in-one take, but that's exactly what I've done with this layout, for you all, today.
I started by machine stitching a brown-threaded, messy, straight-stitch frame around the edges of my polka dot, patterned, paper base.
After adhering pictures, I tucked a green and yellow, layered, Cricut-cut frame under the left edge of my bottom photograph and used it as a base for my alpha sticker, "tutu cute" title, which was embellished with a sweet, little, dimensional, bird sticker.
A few, pink, hand-rolled, tulle flowers, with stamped, in Jet Black ink, on brown, music, patterned paper and hand cut leaves, complete the title block.
LOVE these little labels for dates and making notes!
Last, but certainly not least, I stamped a scallop heart, in Chocolate Chip ink, on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock; hand cut it out; adhered it to the right of my top, two photographs; and embellished it with a dimensional, glitter, sticker, "CuTie" subtitle.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
Color Combo Galore's Inspiration Board #184...
and The Paper Variety's Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.  I made a layout with spring colors and a stamped image to create a diagonal tic-tac-toe, but I also made a layout with a baby theme and 2+ flowers, as well as a layout that includes a bird and uses scallops.
I'll still be back a little later with PDCC74, but for now, I'm off to get dinner ready!  Be sure to scroll down to check out my previous post, if this is your first stop by my blog-o, today.  Thanks so much!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9); Framed With Love (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake (SU); polka dot & soft yellow patterned (My Mind's Eye); green crackle patterned (Paper Studio); brown music patterned (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Chocolate Chip (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); dimensional stickers (K&Company); dimensionals (Scotch); label sticker (7 Gypsies); fabric alphas (Prima); green foam Thickers (American Crafts); pink tulle (JoAnn Fabrics); Storybook Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

16 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Tooooooooo cute is right! I loveeeeeeeee the photos, the stitching and that title! Thanks sooooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Patrice said...

So clever! I love those roses!

Heather said...

Love all the techniques and challenges you used. Thanks for joining the Sketchy Thursdays fun!!!

Tammy said...

Perfect title Jinny!! Love your tulle flowers too!

Diana Fisher said...

Gorgeous! And I love that you used dark brown for the leaves to contrast the pink flowers. Stunning!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

I'm continually in awe of what you put together. Well done. Got my WPlus9 goodies today, so been thinking of you.

Michele said...

WOW Jinny! WOW! and a three in one to boot! Aren't you the cleverest! I really love it ~ the flowers are awesome and the dark leaves are incredible! You are so daring to me ... and I am in awe how everything just "works" so perfectly on your pages! Super Cool ... and I think one more push of inspiration from you and I may just pull out my sewing machine after all! Gorgeous page ~ times Three!

Janna Werner said...

super sweet layout! tfs, Janna

mindy gallagher said...

So very precious Jinny! I love your tulle flowers! THanks for playing along with us at TPV!!

XXOO AMY said...

wow!you really got a lot of miles out of this one layout! great job! thanks for playing with TPV!

~jan said...

Be still my heart-this layout is too stinking cute! Those photos of your DD make me smile! :) Love the rolled flowers and the black pattern leaves are way cool! (I love your "messy stitching" I can never seem to get it right.)

patti west said...

my gosh jinny...this is so fabulous!!! love the adorable pics, your color choices and sweet pink flowers!! thanks for playing at the Paper Variety! :)

L.B. said...

there isjust something about tutus!!! super cute project

Lisa Harrolle said...

Awesome job on this 3 in one layout! A lot of thought and planning for this one. I love it!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute LO! I love the title--so clever! You rock at LOs--I might need some help! I haven't done one since August last year!! Or maybe I could hire you to do some of mine:) LOL!

Suzy said...

TOO CUTE is right!! Great layout. Love the flowers. Thanks for playing along at TPV! Come back tomorrow for another challenge/prize :)