Tuesday Trigger: An Idea in Yellow & GS #76

Thursday, March 3, 2011

I promised you all, in my previous, Embellish Color Trends Challenge With Birds post, that I'd be back, with another, papercrafty take, this evening!  Well, I'm here, now, to deliver.
I started, this card, by adhering the lace paper to the Barely Banana, cardstock, card face and distressing it with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
I, then, wrapped a length of seam binding ribbon, vertically, around the left side of the card face; tied it, in a dressy bow, near the top left corner; and embellished it with a yellow button, laced with a Blossom, twine bow.
The squares of canvas were colored with Wild Honey Distress Ink and machine stitched, with ivory-threaded, messy stitches, in the four-square, grid design, over the ribbon, in the bottom left corner of the card face.  The far right, bottom, canvas square was, then, stamped, in Chocolate Chip ink, with the "THANKS" sentiment.
Finally, I stamped the floral stem, in Wild Wasabi and Pretty in Pink inks, on Whisper White cardstock; glittered the flowers; hand cut it out; and adhered it, with dimensionals, hanging down from the embellished, ribbon bow.
My inspiration, for this card, came from the Moxie Fab World's Tuesday Trigger: An Idea in Yellow (I adore that gorgeous yellow, front door and was, completely, drawn to those little, drooping, pink flowers, in the vase, on the table, in the entryway.)...
as well as Get Sketchy's Challenge #76.
And I think this is perfect timing to tell you all that I made Top 5, over at Get Sketchy, for this creation.  Eeek!  Thanks so much, ladies!  I'm honored to proudly carry this badge!
Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a wonderful night, everyone!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: The Birds & the Bees (Wplus9); Thoughts & Prayers (SU) Paper: Barely Banana & Whisper White (SU); lace patterned (Basic Grey) Ink: Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Wild Honey, Tea Dye, & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: ivory thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); canvas (unknown); seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); yellow button & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); Blossom twine (The Twinery); dimensionals (Scotch)

11 comments:

Laurel said...

Oh what a gorgeous card!

Kim Ryden said...

And you used a button!!! Love the card!

Teresa Zuehls said...

Love your card. The lacy paper makes a beautiful background.

Trinh said...

This is such a pretty take on the Trigger & sketch, Jinny!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, Jinny, I smell a winner here. This is outright gorgeous, so very inspired by that Tuesday Trigger. Can't wait to see what honors this one brings to you!

Gladys said...

Beautiful card! Love the carvas! Great idea!

coKo said...

A fantastic card, Jinny, very inspiring for me...
I love de mix of papers and fabrics and this elegant sunny color.
Have a good week end. coKo

onecraftymama said...

LOVE it! Love the canvas tiles, and the lace paper, and the perfectly drooping flowers :)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! Love this one a lot!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

I'm soooo lovin' your design in yellow. Great added touch to add the canvas tiles. :)