Weekend Snapshots

Monday, March 14, 2011

We had such a fun and full weekend!  BJ got home, from work, a little early on Friday night; so, we made a little trip to Hobby Lobby for a few, art supplies and just happened to pick up a couple of Sonic, juice slushes on the way home.
On Saturday morning, we all went with Ezekiel to basketball.  LOVE that he loves to play on a team and gets along with just about anybody, and every year, he gets better and better.
The rest of the day was spent just hanging out, being a family and enjoying a delicious, cheese fondue dinner with carrots, green peppers, apples, toast, and chicken (We, also, love this recipe with broccoli and cauliflower.)...
followed by an even more scrumptious, chocolate fondue dessert with bananas, strawberries, marshmallows, leftover apples, and homemade, Sour Cream Pound Cake.
All of the above recipes came straight from my Mennonite Country-Style Recipes & Kitchen Secrets cookbook.
Oh! And I learned a little something, while I was making that pound cake, which I'll share with you all for what it's worth. I came up a little short on sour cream and discovered that you can swap out the amount needed with a pureed mixture of one cup of cottage cheese and 1 Tablespoon of lemon juice. Who would've thought?!

Then, after teaching Sunday school, in church, yesterday, my hubby had a Pastoral Elder meeting; so, I took the kiddos to Target to pick out a new pair of tennies for Adina.  She was complaining about her toes hurting in her older pair, and we couldn't have that.  Poor thing!  It was time for new ones, and while we didn't find, exactly, what we were looking for, we did get her a pair of pink Converse.  Too cute!
We, also, found her a new, summer, swimming suit and an adorable pair of colorful, plaid shorts.  Ezekiel got a couple of new tees, and I found a pair of jeans for get this... $6.24!  No joking!
Plus, they are really soft and have super cute pockets to boot!
We, also, tried out some of the new, lawn furniture...
and the kiddos picked out new books.  You all know I'm a sucker for children's books!  Well, actually, Adina's book was a watercolor book, but it had just the right amount of reading for a two-year-old.  LOL!
Finally, my hubby cut the baseboards for my lofty, craft space, and I got two coats of paint on them.  The first coat on Saturday afternoon, but then, the temperatures, quickly and unexpectedly, for me (I guess I wasn't watching the news closely enough.), began dropping.  So much so, that it was too cold to finish the second coat.  Then, on Sunday, it didn't get any warmer; so, my living room turned into a paint shop to get it done.
And would you believe it?!  Our Spring Break is beginning with snow.  Gracious!
Please don't forget that you have until the close of the day, today, to get your entries in for my 100 Followers Giveaway of a $30 gift certificate to the Wplus9 Design online store.  Then, I'll be back, late tonight, with a brand new Wplus9 Color Cue {13}.  Until then, have a wonderful start to your week, ya'll!

3 comments:

AnitaRex said...

Hi Jinny! Your weekend sounds like a lot of fun! I love seeing the pictures. And it's sorta nice to know it's not just me stuck in the snow! :>

Elizabeth said...

For once I can honestly say NO SNOW! It has been a long time in coming! Looks like you had a fun weekend!

patti west said...

First of all, I wanna have supper at your house!! lol!! Second, my yard looked like your yard yesterday. The sun is shining here today though, so yay! :) Cute kid pics and awesome score on the jeans!!!