Weekend Snapshots

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Gosh!  I cannot even begin to tell you all what a busy weekend it has been!  Some of the busyness is due, in part, to design work, but the rest is simply because we've had a lot going on.  On Friday night, we took the kiddos to see Disney On Ice: Toy Story 3, and they both LOVED it!
Check out these smiles!
My favorite parts were, of course, a little visit from several of the beloved, Disney characters...
all the aerial elements, which unfortunately were up above many of the lights, so my pictures turned out a bit dark...
these little guys (The skaters actually came out on their knees.  Ouch!)...
and Barbie and Ken's spotlight skate... truly amazing with tons of lifts and flips and turns!
Plus, you cannot tell the story without Zurg...
Andy...
Woody...
or Jessie.  So much fun!
Saturday morning, we woke up to French Breakfast Puffs courtesy of The Pioneer Woman.  Yum-O!
French Breakfast Puffs
3 cups Flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Salt
1/2 teaspoons Ground Nutmeg
1 cup Sugar
2/3 cups Shortening
2 whole Eggs
1 cup Milk
1-1/2 cup Sugar
3 teaspoons Cinnamon
2 sticks Butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.  In a large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.  Set aside.  In a different bowl, cream together 1 cup sugar and shortening.  Then, add eggs and mix again.  Add flour mixture and milk alternately to creamed mixture, beating well after each addition.  Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden.  In a bowl, melt 2 sticks butter.  In a separate bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon.  Dip baked muffins in butter, coating thoroughly.  Then, coat with cinnamon-sugar mixture.

Then, we were off to basketball and lunch with my Aunt Cindy, Uncle Rick, and Grandpa.
My Grandpa had this gorgeous, family Bible that was given to him by the funeral home when my Great Auntie Myrt passed away, and he wanted to give it to ME!  Oh, my gracious!  The thought still brings me to tears.  Plus, it's such a BEAUTIFUL Bible!
My kiddos were in awe of the gorgeous illustrations.  Thank you just doesn't seem like enough, Grandpa!
Finally, after teaching Sunday school this morning, we finished our grocery shopping, got a little lunch, and went on a hunt, to no avail, for the April issue of CARDS Magazine.  I have my very first, card publication in this issue (Woohoo!), and I just cannot get my hands on one fast enough!  Plus, the sweet Rose informed me that my card is on p. 91.  Eeek!  How exciting!  Thanks, Rose!
Oh!  AND we're ending the weekend with yet another, steady stream of snow.  This stuff just doesn't want to leave us!
I'll be back, in just a bit, with the first of four days of sneak peeks of Wplus9 Design's April Release.  Until then, thanks so much for checking in; and have a wonderful week, ya'll!

8 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

They should send you 2 copies of the magazine in a few months. But if you want to see it now, or buy it now, you can usually find them at Archiver's. Did you try there??? Congrats!

AnitaRex said...

Hi!!! I love your weekend posts that I have started to do it to for my week today! :> Loks like so much fun! I took my dd to Disney on ice last month but it was a different show, I bet this one will hit us next year! :> I love Disney on ice! :> And I feel for you with the snow, mine just doesn't want to melt and be gone!

Elise said...

WHAT a super and ACTION packed post you have shared here, Jinny my dear! FIRST OF ALL, I practically can smell the ice arena: WONDERFUL shots! Thank you SO much for sharing! Your FAMILY = completely ADORABLE! Love your sharing, those muffins {!} and WOOT*WOOT! Huge congrats on your first PUB! I haven't had a chance to crack the seal on that baby {I like to "save" it, until I'm doing something irritating, like waiting in the line-up to pick up kids in cranky parking lots! heh heh} Added incentive: I'll say! Yipeeeeeee!

A_MOMS_LIFE said...

Just found your blog! Love your beautiful cards! I just got my first publication in CARDS April also! Congrats!!

patti west said...

I love seeing your pics, Jinny! That bible is indeed gorgeous - and what a dear your grandpa is!! Congrats on your first pub - I'm certain it is your first of many to come!!! :) :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

HOOOORAY for fun times with the fam! Beautiful pics!! Your grandpa is so precious--love my grandparents;) AND CONGRATS on your publication!! Can't wait to see it!!

~Tammy~ said...

What fun! Your family is too cute Jinny! What a great and precious gift your grandpa has given you! Congrats on your publication! That is a big WAHOO and a YAHOO! :-)

Patrice said...

Looks like a great weekend! I've got to try those muffins!