Wplus9 April Release Sneak Peek: Day 2

Monday, March 28, 2011

So good to have you back visiting for Wplus9 Design's April Release Sneak Peek: Day 2!  I've got a layout, boasting more from A Special Lady, for you all, today.
I started this layout by splattering and distressing the edges of the aqua, weave, patterned paper with Ivory White, acrylic paint.
I, then, adhered lots of patterned paper pieces, haphazardly, just above vertical center and machine stitched, with white-threaded, straight stitches, down either of their sides, running over onto the layout base itself.  After adhering pictures, I stamped the tulip image, in Jet Black ink, on a frayed piece of canvas; colored it in with Tempting Turquoise and Garden Green inks; adhered it, slightly at an angle, below the photographs; and embellished it with pewter hardware and a butterfly, Bingo marker.
K... Now, I'm giving ya'll an extra sneak peek of a fab, new, Filigreed Frames set, that is also being released this month, but you must come back tomorrow to see lots more!  I die-cut (Yes, I said die-cut, too!  Woohoo!) the frame from red, polka dot, patterned paper; stamped the coordinating, frame image in Basic Black ink; used black alphas to create the "A Day For play" title across its center; and adhered it, with dimensionals, in its respective location.
A computer generated and printed, on Whisper White cardstock, "If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall.  I would go to more dances.  I would ride more merry-go-rounds.  I would pick more daisies. ~ Nadine Stair" quote, which was adhered with dimensionals...
a red, "TODAY'S DATE IS" label, which also had the May 27, 2010 date written on it in Basic Black ink...
and a couple stamped, in Baja Breeze ink, on Whisper White cardstock, and hand cut photo corners (another sneak peak of tomorrow's stamp set... Shhh!) complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from The Color Room's Palette #51: {Sun Room}.
Please don't forget to run check out what all my uber talented teammates have up their sleeves today.  Then, I'll see you all back here tomorrow for another sneak peek.  Until then, have a terrific Tuesday!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Hannah Craner
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Paulina Nakamura (our April Guest Designer)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: A Special Lady & Filigreed Frames (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & orange & red polka dot & cloud patterned (SU); orange damask patterned (The Girls' Paperie); pink & red decorative patterned (K&Company); orange & pink circular patterned (Crate Paper); aqua weave patterned (Sassafras); red polka dot patterned (KI Memories) Ink: Basic Black, Baja Breeze, Tempting Turquoise, & Garden Green (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkArt); black alphas, date label, & hardware (Jenni Bowlin); black foam Thickers (American Crafts); dimensionals (Scotch); canvas (unknown); die (Wplus9)

11 comments:

Elise said...

Oh, dear! Oh, DEAR! OH DEAR! I wanna play! Can I play? Oh, those two look like they are having such FUN! But, secretly, I'm guessing MOMMA had the MOST fun - SCRAPPIN! Wahooooo, sweet sista! THIS work is EXCELLENT! YOU seriously, remind me of a kid in the sandbox with ALL of the best toys! This L/O is like a FESTIVALE o fun! What terrific inspiration, on SO many levels! Yee Haw!

Hannah said...

You make me want to scrapbook more. Every page you do makes me swoon. Your kids are going to love all this work you have done. What lucky ducks they will be to have this treasure. A serious work of art.

Jinny, you are amazing. I adore everything you create. Your style is unique; I always recognize your cards even before seeing the name when I design CARDS. You are going to go places with this craft! I know it!

Lea L. said...

What a sweet, springy layout!! I love the tulip stamped on the canvas fabric...it looks wonderful!!

Janna Werner said...

Absolutely fabulous, Jinny. I love all the details and mixed stuff you added. Janna

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, your scrapbook pages are always amazing and your family will treasure this forever! Love the vibrant stamped tulip on the canvas! Wonderful Jinny!

Kerrianne said...

Look at this layout of fabulousness...you rocked this girly! Love all the layers, colors, and especially that tulip on the burlap! So pretty...you make me miss scrapbooking...need to get back to it!!

Laurie said...

I love this layout! So many fantastic details to look at! The stamping on the canvas looks amazing!

Geny (Mommy Geny) said...

Beautiful page Jinny! I love that flower stamped on canvas!!

Dawn said...

Jinny, Jinny, I've got your number...I'm so glad your mine. My Wplus9 Designer that is! OK, I'm silly, but seriously, visiting your blog and seeing your work just always makes me happy. ;o)

Savitri said...

LOVE this and just adore the colors!!! I need to do some color challenges here with my scrappy pages!!!

Linda Beeson said...

Well, first of all, the colors are the BEST!!! Using that label on a layout is a great choice!