Wplus9 April Release Sneak Peek: Day 4

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Welcome back for Wplus9 Design's April Release Sneak Peek: Day 4!  I've got a sweet, little, birthday card, for you all, today, using one of our newbies, specifically Filigreed Frames, as well as an oldie but a goodie.  Check it out!
I started this card by machine stitching around the edges of the multi-colored, asterisk, patterned paper with red-threaded, straight stitches; adhering it to the Baja Breeze, cardstock, card face; and trimming it, near its base and overhanging to the edges of the card face itself, with a strip of red, polka dot, patterned paper, edged with a punched strip of Real Red cardstock.
I, then, wrapped a kiwi ribbon, around the card face, just above the red, polka dot, patterned paper and tied it, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face.
The sentiment panel was, then, die-cut, from Whisper White cardstock, using our brand new, Label Layers I  die; stamped with the frame, in Baja Breeze ink and the "BEST WISHES TODAY AND ALWAYS" sentiment, which is actually two, separate stamps from this set, in Real Red ink; and adhered, with dimensionals, just to the left of the ribbon bow.  The cupcakes, from From the Kitchen Of, were stamped, in Real Red, Daffodil Delight, and Chocolate Chip inks, on Whisper White cardstock; glittered; hand cut out; and adhered, with dimensionals, in a row, above the stamped sentiment...
to complete the look.
So sorry that the color appears to be a bit off in my photos.  I cannot seem to edit it to true form.  The weather has been really icky and cloudy here for weeks.  I'm guessing that's the problem.  Anyway, thanks so much for peeking in; and please join us, tomorrow, for our final, group post day of the Wplus9 Design April Release... right after you check out what the rest of my teammates have been up to.  Until then, have a fantastic day, ya'll, and thanks ever so much for all your sweet comments during this release!  I treasure each and every one!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Hannah Craner
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Savitri Wilder
Paulina Nakamura (our April Guest Designer)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Filigreed Frames & From the Kitchen Of (Wplus9) Paper: Baja Breeze, Real Red, & Whisper White (SU); multi-colored asterisk & red polka dot patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Baja Breeze, Real Red, Daffodil Delight, & Chocolate Chip (SU) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers I die (Wplus9); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success); kiwi ribbon (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals (Scotch)

5 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

This is just too fun! I love your Patterned paper choices, and that fussy bow is the perfect touch! I am loving those new frames!

Elise said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, I see what you did there! {YOU are a busy girl!} MOST excellent use of color and that teeny weeny lil' cupcake! But your BEAUTIFUL use of it makes it LARGER than life! Me LOVEY! YOU are such a delightful crafty destination, my sweet friend! Thanks for the AWESOME inspo! Yee Haw!

Christina said...

This is so fabulous, Jinny! I love the paper you chose and the fun color combo. I can't wait to see more of this gorgeous label!

Tammy said...

This is so bright and cheery!! Love the colours and cupcakes--a great birthday card! I'm SO excited about this Filigree set and die!!

Wendy said...

I love that bow, I would steal it if I could!! Great use of the new label set, love those new sentiments too! The layers of paper look fab too.