Card Patterns Sketch 111 & CR84FN24

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Good morning!  It's another cold and dreary day here in Kansas City, but we're not going to let it stop us from enjoying our day.  We're off to the library in just a bit, but until then, Ezekiel's busy working on his arithmetic page, and Adina's watching her library movie, before it has to go back; so I've got a soft, serene, little card for you all.
I started this card by piecing together the various, patterned papers; adhering them to the Whisper White, cardstock, card face; and machine stitching between them and around their edges with white-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.  I, then, white embossed the "MISS YOU" sentiment near the right edge of a strip of vellum and anchored it, across its bottom edge, near the base of the card face, with white-threaded, straight, machine stitches and, across its top, with a length of light blue lace.
A trio of aqua, light blue, and cream buttons...
and a length of white, seam binding ribbon, wrapped around the card face, just above the length of light blue lace; tied in a dressy bow; and embellished with a cream, paper rose...
complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Card Patterns' Sketch 111...
and Create For Fun's Color Challenge #24.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and please be sure to check back, late tonight, for a fun, all new, color story at The Play Date Cafe!  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches) Paper: Whisper White, aqua star, cloud, & butterfly (SU); vellum (Paper Studio); aqua floral (My Mind's Eye); light blue polka dot (American Crafts); aqua damask glitter (DCWV) Ink: VersaMark Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); cream paper rose (Taylored Expressions); light blue lace (JoAnn Fabrics); white string (Hobby Lobby); aqua & cream buttons (Paper Studio); light blue button blossom (SU); white embossing powder (Ranger)

18 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love what you've done with these colors, and I'm such a fan of vellum!!!

Cuttin' and Stampin' Cards said...

I really love the colors and the patchwork quilt look. Thanks for stopping by and saying hello, I'm a new follower now. I like the color challenges. I will be checking out the other's you have listed. Thanks.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love all of the different paper. Super beautiful design. :)

Pam Wendt said...

Oh Jinny, this is breathtakingly beautiful! The stitching, the dainty flower, the bow, the lace, the colors, the vellum, the darling little buttons - so pretty! :o)

Lindsay said...

So so gorgeous Jinny! Love all of those soothing blues!

Wendy said...

Gorgeous! Such pretty patterned paper you combined, and stitched up perfectly. LOVE your fancy bow, buttons, and flower.

lostinpaper said...

Love all those beautiful papers that you have sewn together so perfectly!
I have yet to use the seam binding I have bought... you have inspired me to give it a try with that fab bow you have made!

Lin said...

Beautiful subtle papers, love the buttons and lace and vellum!

Lynn said...

Love this card Jinny...you are completely enabling me on that Paper Smooches set. I think I "need" it :)

Debgem said...

Absolutely love this card. I think think the stitched quilt effect is so very pretty and I love the vellum strip with the sentiment. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So sweet Jinny! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN :)

whoistracy said...

So pretty Jinny! I love the quilted background you made here. Always love your takes on the CP sketches each week and this is no exception.

Maria said...

So so lovely! Such pretty mix of papers! The sentiment on the vellum is beautiful! And topped off with gorgeous lace, buttons, and ribbon...great job!:-)

Lisa Petrella said...

Beautiful patchwork design! Great take on both challenges!!!

~amy~ said...

Lovely! the stitching is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Andrea M said...

Such a beautiful, quilted card Jinny!!! Your patching of the gorgeous DP is just perfect!!! Great take on the challenge colors! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh my gosh girl this is fabulous! I wanted to play so bad this week, but we have family in town and working on other goody goody stuff I can't show yet, so I have no left over time for just playing, but YOU ROCK!!!!

Amy said...

Serene and beautiful Jinny! Love love the patchwork look and this is THE reason I want to sew on my cards. Just look at what it added!!!