CASE Study #34 & MFW: Card Sets Challenge

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Well, so far, we've gotten off to an uber rough start this week.  I think we're all just ready for a break from school and routine and life in general.  Despite the rocky beginning, I still have a pretty, little, papercrafty number, to share with you all today, that I snuck in the creation of this weekend.
I started this card by trimming the left edge of a piece of teal, heart, patterned paper with a punched strip of olive, striped, patterned paper; machine stitching white-threaded, zig-zag stitches between the two and white-threaded, straight stitches around the edges of the teal, heart, patterned paper; embellishing between the punched scallops with clear gemstones; and setting it aside to machine stitch white-threaded, straight stitches twice along the top edge of a piece of gray, floral, patterned paper and once along the length of the bottom edge.  It was, in turn, adhered, just above horizontal center, to the Whisper White, cardstock, card face.
The previously prepped piece was then wrapped with a length of teal ribbon and adhered, with dimensionals, over of the gray, floral, patterned paper; before I stamped the "Thinking of you" sentiment, in Baja Breeze ink, in the bottom center of the card face.
A label was then cut from Whisper White cardstock; stamped, several times, in Old Olive ink, with the leaf image, as well as, in Baja Breeze ink, with the frame; adhered, with dimensionals, centered vertically over the ribbon length; and embellished, at its base, with a ribbon bow.
Finally, I stamped the butterfly image, in Pumpkin Pie and Really Rust inks, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut it out; adhered it, just at its center, near the right edge of the die-cut; and embellished its body with a row of clear gemstones...
to complete the look.
But I didn't stop there!  I multiplied it four times over...
and slipped them all, with envelopes, into a cellophane bag, which was closed with more of that scrumptious, teal ribbon, tied in a bow.
Just before the bow was tied, I stamped an extra die-cut, in Baja Breeze ink, with the same frame image from above, as well as, in Old Olive ink, with the "Sending my love" sentiment.  I also embellished it with a butterfly, prepared in the same way as above, and punched a hole, for the ribbon, in the top center, to create a tag.
This pretty, little package was created for my dear friend, Tammy.  She and her family are moving overseas on missions, and I thought maybe, just maybe, she might like to take these with her to write a few, little notes to her loved ones, who will be missing her ever so much.  And it was inspired by this card, created by CASE Study's April Muse, Silke Ledlow, for Challenge #34.
I'm also turning it in for the Card Sets Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  Oh!  And before I run, I'm so blessed and thrilled, to tell you all, that I was named one of the Super Six, for this creation, over at Card Patterns...
and a Get Sketchy Top Five for this card.  Thank you so, so much, to all the ladies who made said recognitions possible! I'm ever so grateful to have been chosen amongst so many amazingly talented designers!
Well, thank you, again and again, as always, for peeking in!  I'm off to try to put an end to that rough start, but before I do, I just wanted to remind you all that you have until the close of today EST to link up your entries for the current Challenge #76 at The Play Date Cafe!  Cannot wait to see all of your creations!  You all stretch and inspire me in so many ways.  Thank you!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, Filigreed Frames, & Mehndi Medallions (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & all patterned (SU) Ink: Baja Breeze, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, & Really Rust (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Label Layers I die (Wplus9); 2010 Sale-A-Bration & 3/16" Circle punches (SU); ribbon (Hobby Lobby); gemstones (Paper Studio); dimensionals (Scotch)

13 comments:

TesaB said...

BEAUTIFUL set!!! And congrats!!!

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Gorgeous set of cards!!!!

Julie Day said...

These are gorgeous Jinny, love them! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Super sweet, Jinny...wow(!) that was a lot of work...but well worth it as these cards are beautiful! I can definitely see that you were inspired by Silke's design, your take on it is marvelous!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, these look AMAZING in a set! It looks like a lot of work, but it totally paid off... love this set!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love that turned the fabulous card into a set with a great tag to go with it!!!

Ivanka said...

Congrats on the super six and top 5!! Your card set is just gorgeous! I love everything about it, especially how you caried over the tag and the butterfly to the outside of the gift. What a wonderful gift that I'm sure will be so appreciated and so treasured by your friend when she gets overseas.

Sue Kohler said...

What an amazing colour combination Jinny, a perfect tribute to Silke's creation. These look amazing all packaged up together!
Thank you for joining in the Silke fun at CASE study this week! :)

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking these up to the Card Set Challenge in the Moxie Fab World in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Kathy said...

Gorgeous cards!

Dana said...

Beautiful! Look at all those cards! I've yet to do something like this... So daunting!

onecraftymama said...

Congratulations on the honours - what a thrill, and well-deserved :) Sorry to hear that things are rough & rocky - I know for my kids the change of seasons (no matter which ones) tends to bring behaviour,um, "challenges" for us. Here's hoping things smooth out soon!
As for your card set, omgorgeous! The ribbons are so sumptuous, and I just love the colour combination you chose. The pop of orange is unexpected and perfect - and I love the special tag you made to adorn the package. Lucky recipient :)

~Tammy~ said...

Gorgeous cards Jinny and packaged beautifully!