CASE Study #35 & Totally Hues Challenge #6

Monday, April 18, 2011

Good afternoon!  Everyone is finally settled in to rest, and I'm getting a minute to bring you all a pretty, little creation, which means everything is right in the world, and the laundry and dishes and sweeping can wait.  Check it out!  Oh!  And I apologize in advance for my pictures.  I've tried everything, and the photographs are just not doing the color on this beauty justice.
I started this card by piecing together two triangles, one from an aqua, weave, patterned paper and the other from a bright pink, striped, patterned paper; distressing their edges; machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches between the two and with white-threaded, messy stitches around their edges; and dressing up their center with the stamped image and sentiment.
The center panel was created by stamping the dogwood image, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; coloring it in with Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Green Galore, and Baja Breeze inks and a blender pen; distressing its edges; machine stitching a white-threaded, messy-stitch frame around it; and finally, stamping, near the top right corner and slightly overlapping the dogwood image, the "Thanks" sentiment.
I, then, wrapped a green ribbon around the center of the Barely Banana, cardstock, card face; adhered the prepped piece over it; tied it, in a bow, to the right side of the stamped panel; and embellished its center with a vintage brad.
A handful of brads, pierced through all four corners of the patterned, paper piece, complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from this creation made by CASE Study's April Muse, Silke Ledlow, for Challenge #35...
and Heather Pulvirenti's Totally Hues: Challenge #6.
Well, that's all, from my neck of the wood, for today.  Oh!  But before I run, I wanted to give you all a sneak peek of the material I picked out for Adina's Easter dress.  Now, I've just got to get busy!  And yes, I know Easter is on Sunday.
And check out this stack of shoes we picked up this weekend.  That's a pair of dress shoes for all of us and a pair of summer play shoes for each of my kiddos.  Who doesn't LOVE new shoes?!  One of my best friends growing up always did a little jive and turned in circles singing, "happy feet," over and over, when he got new shoes.  I know it's a little childish, but it's great to be able to find pleasure in the little things.  So, we've all danced the jive and sang the tune.  LOL!
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me some love!  I read and treasure every comment you all take the time out of your busy schedules to give.  Have a wonderful week, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna IMehndi Medallions (Wplus9) Paper: Barely Banana, Whisper White, & bright pink striped (SU); aqua weave (DCWV) Ink: Barely Banana, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Green Galore, & Baja Breeze (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Cutter & Paper-Piercing Kits, blender pen, & all brads (SU); green ribbon (Hobby Lobby)

13 comments:

Tammy said...

What a beautiful card Jinny! That bow is AWE-some! That dogwood stamp is on my wishlist!! It's such a stunning focal point! Love all the stitching on this one too!

Andrea Ewen said...

Gorgeous Jinny! You've colored those flowers marvelously and that green bow is just magnificent! Glad to see you at CASE Study!

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, your stitching is crazing amazing...seriously and make it come out pure perfection every time! AND that BOW is PURE PeRfEcTiOn!!!! Love it~

Glenda J said...

Absolutely beautiful Jinny! Great colour combination and I love all the little details. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Pauline said...

What a beautiful colour combo! I love the dogwood stamp and the gorgeous green ribbon, it's fab!

Julie said...

Beautiful card, love the colors you chose, as well as all of your stitching you've done. Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

*THUD* My jaw is on the floor! LOVE that card so much I can't even begin to explain... lol!
As for the new goodies, I love these fabrics!! I would gladly turn them into papers... tee hee!

lostinpaper said...

This is such a beautiful card. I LoVe all that stitching.
Congrats on your win at CASE!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your top 3!

Vickie Z said...

Love the colors you blended and those dogwoods are fabulous!!

Amy said...

You just had to go and use that stamp I've been wanting, didn't you? Hehe. Maybe one of these days. It's been calling my name and is now again here with your card! Great CASE!!

Debby said...

Here again Jinny - this time popping over from Totally Hues top picks - congrats again! I love the pieced border and all the stitching - fabulous!

Laura B. said...

great card, love the yummy bow and fab stitching. thanks for the sweet comment, congrats to you, too for being a top hues pick:)