Color Cue {14}

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Welcome to Wplus9 Design's Color Cue {14}!
I think Dawn was totally channeling me with this color combo... right up my alley... almost like I picked it myself!  Yum-O!  Check out my take!
I started this card by stamping the starry background, from Design Basics: Backgrounds I, in Baja Breeze ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; distressing its edges with Tea Dye ink; stamping the lacy trim, from Mehndi Medallions, in Chocolate Chip ink, near its top edge; framing it with a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock; and machine stitching a brown-threaded, straight-stitch frame around its edges.
I then adhered a strip of Crumb Cake cardstock, the width of the stamped piece, just below the lacy, stamped edge; trimmed it, across its bottom edge, with a punched strip of red, polka dot, patterned paper; stamped the "Friend" sentiment, from A Special Lady, in white ink, in its bottom right corner; and machine stitched, with turquoise-threaded, zig-zag stitches around its edges, before adhering the entire prepped piece to the Chocolate Chip, cardstock, card face.
Finally, I wrapped a red, fringed ribbon, twice, around the card face, just above the stamped sentiment; tied it, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face; and embellished it with a hemp twine bow and a turquoise, paper rose...
to complete the look.
Further inspiration for my take came from Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday Challenge #6.
That's all from here!  You have until Saturday, May 7, 2011, at 10:59 pm EST, to link up your takes.  Cannot wait to see what you've got up your sleeves!  Now, off you go to check out what the rest of the design team has cooked up, for you all, today.  I know you won't be disappointed!  Thanks so much for peeking in, ya'll, and have a fabulous Friday!

Dawn Woleslagle
Elise Durenberger
Hannah Craner
Kerrianne Gwin
Lea Lawson
Savitri Wilder
Paulina Nakamura (our April Guest Designer)

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mehndi Medallions, A Special Lady, & Design Basics: Backgrounds I (Wplus9) Paper: Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, & Whisper White (SU); red polka dot patterned (The Girls' Paperie) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, & White (SU); Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: turquoise & brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success); red fringed ribbon & hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); turquoise paper rose (Taylored Expressions)

16 comments:

Elise said...

I just "whooooped!" TWICE! OUTLOUD! {It's late!} But I couldn't HELP myself! THIS is OUTSTANDING use of color and DELICIOUS materials {!} YEOWZA! I LOVE, love, love all of your d/p choices AND stunning use of craft WHITE ink on KRAFT c/s {!} SUCH a stunning and inspirational color SHOW! Brilliant, my lovely friend! A veritable COLOR festival! Yeee Haw!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

Jinny, I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! The way you used the Design Basics: Backgrounds I was perfect, and I love all the elements you added- especially that beautiful stitching! Way to ROCK out this Color Cue, girlie!

Kerrianne said...

Jinny you rocked these colors! I'm in love with gorgeous paper piecing and all the fun patterns you created!! So beautiful!!

Christina said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful use of the colors, and the stitching is divine. Love the way you used the sketch!

Wendy said...

Love your card Jinny! Great background stamping, and I love how you use the lace stamp. Fabulous use of stitching, as always! Awesome job with the colors, I can't wait to try this combo.!

~Tammy~ said...

Love your perfect use of layers Jinny! I don't have my Wplus 9 stamps with me right now, so I haven't been playing, but I will play again when I am reunited with all my crafty things!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GORGEOUS! I loooooooove your stamping and the papers you used-this is just beautiful ALLLLL around! Love the stitching--you AMAZE me!!!

Lea L. said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the different layers, and the red polka dot paper is just the perfect pop off the card!! Awesome job!

Pauline said...

A super fab card with what I would find a tricky colour combo. I do love that red fringed ribbon, and the stamping is fabulous.

Janna Werner said...

Fabulous card, Jinny. So cas and lovely colours. I adore your stitching :-)

lynn said...

adorable card, jinny! love your stamping and your stitching is awesome!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOWZA!! LOVE it so much!!

Savitri said...

So pretty, girlie!! Love what you did with the colors. Super creative!!

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute!! I love all the layers and patterns and how you used the stamps! THis is one of my favorite color combos so I am going to have to play along!

Cheryl said...

Ooooh I LOVE this! Great design, colors and details. This is going into my inspiration file! Beautiful work!

mariella said...

great card!!!!
greetings from Italy