CQC #79

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Good Saturday morning to you all!  So, funny story... I totally got panicky and thought my Dad's birthday was today, and I still needed to get his gift, make his card, and get it to the post office, and all this was on Wednesday.  Then, I took a second glance at the calendar and realized that I was looking an entire week ahead.  At least it was all in my favor, and his gift won't be showing up after the fact.  LOL!  Still... Why do I make myself crazy like this?!  Anyway, I'm sure that it's safe to show you all the card, that I made for him, ahead of time, since he's not a big reader of my blog-o.  Check it out!
I started this card by stamping the truck image, in Jet Black ink, on a strip of Whisper White cardstock and coloring it in with Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Bordering Blue, Blush Blossom, and Chocolate Chip inks and a blender pen.  I, then, masked it off and stamped the trees in Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, and Melon Mambo inks; glittered the stamped, spring blossoms; and anchored them by coloring in a Basic Gray street with a blender pen.
The stamped, colored, and glittered piece was, then, backed with a strip of Basic Black cardstock; trimmed, across its top edge, with a punched strip of Old Olive cardstock; machine stitched, with hot-pink-threaded, straight stitches, across its top and bottom edges; and adhered, near the top edge, of the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
A length of Old Olive, grosgrain ribbon, was wrapped, around the card face, below the prepped piece and tied, in a knot, near the left edge of the card face.
Finally, I stamped the "happy birthday" sentiment, in the bottom right corner of the card face, in Basic Black ink and shadow-stamped it in Bermuda Bay ink...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from ColourQ's Challenge #79.
Thanks so much for peeking in on this beautiful Saturday!  My big kiddo had a sleepover last night, so we'll soon be off to pick him up and get our day started.  So weird not having him around, but I know that he's having such a great time.  Oh!  And last night's dinner, with sweet, blog friends, was so fun!  I'll have pics, for you all, first thing next week!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Funky Foliage (Wplus9); Loads of Love & Loads of Love Accessories (SU); Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches) Paper: Crumb Cake, Basic Black, Old Olive, & Whisper White (SU) Ink: Chocolate Chip, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Blush Blossom, Bermuda Bay, Bordering Blue, Melon Mambo, & Old Olive (SU) Other: hot pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success); Old Olive grosgrain ribbon & Dazzling Diamonds (SU)

9 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Well done with those colors, the bermuda bay wasn't inspiring me...

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, JInny! So glad you were off a week! Your dad will love it I'm sure. Thanks for playing the ColourQ challenge again this week.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love the sparkly trees & the cute truck. Your dad is gonna love it. :)

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super awesome card!! tfs

Maria said...

What a great card for your Dad! Love what you did for the trees! It's a fabulous masculine card...love it!

Noelle said...

AWESOME card, Jinny! Love all the detail work on the stamped panel:) I'm sure your Dad will love it (even next week!) Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ!

suzARTe said...

Jinny, this is a gorgeous card, I am sure your dad will love it. I have had many near birthday misses as well so can totally relate :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super super beautiful! LOVE what you did with the flowers! FAB!

Pauline said...

This is lovely, your dad will love it!