CQC #81 & MOJO187

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good afternoon!  Sooo stinkin' excited that Thursday is here!  We've planned a fun, family day for tomorrow, and it just cannot get here soon enough!  Then, on Sunday, we'll be off to my parents to celebrate Easter with my family.  So, it's lookin' to be a busy weekend!  Anyway, I'd be honored if you'd stick around to check out all the details for the card and treat that will be making their way to my Mom and Dad's house with me.
I started this card by adhering a pink, stripe, patterned paper to a piece of Whisper White cardstock; machine stitching, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches around its edges; and adhering it to the Baja Breeze, cardstock, card face.  I, then, framed a small piece of mutli-colored, stripe, patterned paper with a piece of olive, floral, patterned paper; machine stitched around its edges with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches; trimmed it, across its bottom edge, with a punched strip of yellow, floral, patterned paper, running over the edges to line up with the card face itself; and adhered it in the top center of the card face.
The tulip basket was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a Whisper White die-cut; colored with Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie, and Baja Breeze inks and a blender pen; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; glittered; and adhered, with dimensionals, in the center of the stitched, multi-colored, striped piece.
Finally, I wrapped a white, seam binding ribbon, around the card face, just above the punched strip; tied it, in a dressy bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a yellow button, laced with a Blossom twine bow, and a Cricut-cut from Whisper White cardstock, distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, and stamped in Barely Banana and Baja Breeze inks, "Happy EASTER", sentiment tag.
And because I totally had my Dad in mind, when I first whipped up a batch of Sweet-Hot Nuts last week, I jarred a bunch and dressed them up to match by stamping the frame, in Old Olive ink, on a Whisper White die-cut; the "Made With Love" sentiment, in Baja Breeze ink, in its center; and the heart image, in Pretty in Pink ink, just below the sentiment.
I, then, glittered the heart and adhered a couple of yellow buttons to either side of the die-cut and laced them with a length of Blossom twine, which was wrapped around the jar and tied, in a bow, through the left button to complete the look.
And just because I love ya'll so much, and these nuts are the bomb-digity!  Here's the recipe from Midwest Living.

Slow Cooker Sweet-Hot Nuts
1 cup whole cashews
1 cup whole almonds, toasted
1 cup pecan halves, toasted
1 cup hazelnuts, toasted and skins removed (I couldn't find these anywhere, so I substituted walnuts.  Yummy!)
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Place nuts in a 2 to 3-1/2 quart slow cooker.  In a small bowl, combine sugar, butter, ginger, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and cayenne pepper.  Add nuts to slow cooker; toss to coat.  Cover and cook on low-heat setting for two hours, stirring after one hour.  Stir nuts again.  Spread in a single layer on buttered foil; let cool for at least one hour.  (Nuts may appear soft after cooking but will crisp upon cooling.)  Enjoy!  Store in a tightly covered container, at room temperature, for up to three weeks.  (Like they'll last that long.  LOL!)

My inspiration for this project came from ColourQ's Challenge #81...
and Mojo Monday's Week 187.
I'm also turning it in to the Food Wraps Challenge in the Moxie Fab World.  And before I run, I'm so excited, to tell you all, that I made Top Three, at CASE Study, for this creation...
AND I was named a Sketchy Thursdays Fave for this layout.  Woohoo!  Thank you ever so much to all the talented individuals who made said such possible!  I'm honored!
Alright, ya'll!  That's it, from me, for today!  I know I say it all the time, but I am ever so grateful for your visits.  So, thank you so much for peeking in; have a terrific Thursday; and I hope that you, too, will have a happy Easter, remembering that Christ died and rose again to open the doors to something bigger than you and I can even grasp... immediate forgiveness, undeserved grace, unconditional love, and everlasting life for all those who believe in Him.  Happy Easter!

Matthew 28:1-7
After the Sabbath, at dawn on the first day of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went to look at the tomb.

There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it. His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow. The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.

The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay. Then go quickly and tell his disciples: 'He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.' Now I have told you."

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Spring Post, Brothers & Sisters, & All Occasion Tags (Wplus9); Flower For All Seasons (SU) Paper: Whisper White, Baja Breeze, pink & multi-colored striped, & olive floral (SU); yellow floral (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Old Olive, Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake, Baja Breeze, Pumpkin Pie, & Barely Banana (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: All Occasion Label die (Wplus9); white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); dimensionals (Scotch); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Blossom twine (The Twinery); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success); all yellow buttons & Dazzling Diamonds (SU); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

12 comments:

Lindsay said...

So lovely Jinny! I adore that bow!

Olena said...

So cute card! Love it! Olena

LindaS said...

Love the stiched layers and the big bow especially.

AnitaRex said...

Hi Jinny! This is a lovely Easter card! I still have yet to make my Easter cards for my family, ack! :> I love how those nuts that you made for your dad, so great to add the label and take it to the next level! And by the way I have to really thank you for telling me about the PDCC challenge! I can't believe I won! It's great as I worked hard making 19 cards to bless my friend and I get blessed in return! God is good! Have a great Easter!

Tracey said...

SO BEAUTIFUL Jinny! WOW!!! Speechless as per usual! LOL!!

Sylvia said...

What a lovely combination, Jinny! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ again this week.

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! Thanks for linking this up to the Food Wrap Challenge in celebration of 350 Cards & Gifts Week in the Moxie Fab World! Good luck in the random drawing! :)

Stacey Schafer said...

how lovely! i need some tips on tying the seam binding:)

Laurie said...

This is gorgeous! I so love that bow and your stitching is perfect!

Noelle said...

I posted much of this same scripture on facebook today! Such a beautiful, clean and lovely card too, Jinny! Have a blessed Easter:)

Amy said...

What a blessed Easter card! Thanks for the recipe...Sounds like something I'd like!!! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!

Anita S. said...

Love that you decorated the jar to go with! Thanks for playing along with us at CQC this week. I just put the cutest cake in a jar on my blog this week if you would like to check it out.
http://theflamingochronicals.blogspot.com/