Easter Weekend Rewind

Monday, April 25, 2011

What a fun-filled weekend we had!  It all began on Good Friday.  CoCo Key had a home school day, so we dropped everything and went to play!
Oh!  And check out how gloomy it was in the middle of the afternoon.  It was the perfect day to play indoors!
After a yummy, late lunch at Planet Sub, we went home to rest.  Actually, I made Adina's Easter dress, while everyone else rested.  LOL!  Talk about procrastination... Gracious!  Then, my hubby wanted to grill for dinner.  So, while I baked dinner rolls for Easter dinner, he grilled red potatoes, zucchini, and talapia.
And we followed up our delicious dinner with a scrumptious, strawberry shortcake, before snuggling in to watch The Prince of Egypt as a family.
Saturday morning, BJ and Ezekiel stayed home to work on the trim in my lofty, creative space.  Yes, it's still under construction.  Sigh.  And Adina and I did a little shopping, but Saturday evening, we made some time to dye Easter eggs...
and hunt for resurrection eggs to tell the story of Benjamin's Box by Melody Carlson.  LOVE this Easter tradition of ours!
The kiddos woke up to chocolate bunnies and new galoshes on Easter morning.
We were blessed to get to go to our own church, after getting the kiddos dressed up in their new Easter clothes; but as soon as it was over, we hit the road to spend the rest of the day with my parents, brother, sisters, and their families.  I tried to get a good picture of the dress I made for Adina before we left, but she and Ezekiel, neither one, were having a very good morning.  So, after the wrinkly trip, in the car seat, to Grandma and Grandpa's, I was able to get these, while we waited on everyone to get back from their church services.  I just love that it'll be uber cool, minus the leggings and long-sleeve shirt (It was chilly!), all summer long!  My inspiration for her dress came from The Polka Dot Chair's Tuesday Tutorial: Tired Pillowcase Dress.  Thanks, Melissa!
Then, we all had a yummy lunch and Grandpa took the cousins for rides on the dirt bike.
We also celebrated the April birthdays in our family and had another Easter egg hunt on top of just hanging out and catching up.
Here are just a few more of my favorite Easter pictures, from this year, to wrap things up, beginning with this beautiful picture of my Mom and Dad.
Grandpa got this radio-boasting, noise-blocking headset for his birthday, and Adina just had to give it a try.
And finally, a little cuddle before hitting the road for home.
Thanks so much for reading!  I hope you all had a blessed Easter!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and that dress you made is GORGEOUS! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

AnitaRex said...

Looks like you had an amazing Easter! Love the resurrection eggs and have added that to my list! And what a pretty dress you made for Adina! Love that you made it yourself! :>

Sylvia said...

Looks like you had such a fun Easter, Jinny! Your rolls look like what my Mammaw used to make, so good. I always make them like my mom, the three clover in the muffin tin. Glad you had a great Easter.

Pam Wendt said...

Oh Jinny, the dress you made for your little princess is so pretty! And I really enjoyed all of the wonderful Easter weekend photos! :o)

Janna Werner said...

Ok, next time you got to take me along haha :-) Janna

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Love your fun Easter pics. That strawberry shortcake looks yummy!!!! :)

Judy said...

Have you ever made Resurrection cookies for your children? it's awesome. You can google them and they will have the story you tell while you make the cookies with the kids.