OTWC #50 & Card Patterns Sketch #109

Monday, April 4, 2011

Well, good afternoon!  I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  Ours was a bit stressful, to say the least; but we made it through, and I'm still here finding, more and more every day, that papercrafting brings me so much JOY!  With that said, I have a sweet, Easter card, for you all, today.
I started this card by dry embossing the tulip frame on a 5-1/2" x 4-1/2" (to allow for the embossed frame as well as the punched, paper strip), Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face; spritzing it with Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink inks; cutting off the right edge close to the embossed, tulip frame (about 1/4"); distressing its edges with Moonlight White ink; and trimming it, down its right side, with a punched strip of Certainly Celery cardstock, which, although it's difficult to see in the photograph, aligns with the right edge of the backside of the card face.
I, then, tucked a So Saffron, grosgrain ribbon up and over the top, center edge of the card face; stamped and paper-pieced the tulip image, on a die-cut, Whisper White, cardstock label, with green, damask, and pink, plaid, patterned papers; and embellished its top with a So Saffron, grosgrain, ribbon bow...
and its right edge with a stamped, in Pink Pirouette and Pretty in Pink inks, on Whisper White cardstock, hand cut, and glittered butterfly.
Finally, I stamped the "EASTER Blessings" sentiment, in Jet Black ink, on a strip of vellum and anchored it, at either end, over the stems of the paper-pieced tulips, with white brads...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Off the Wall Craftiness' Challenge #50...
and Card Patterns' Sketch #109.
And finally, a few, fun pics of the less stressful part of our weekend.  Ezekiel completed his Bitty Basketball Program.  Yippeee!
I got to see my published card in person.  Woohoo!  Can't wait to have my own copy!
And we all had the privilege of attending our sweet friends' church service.  They're getting ready to go, for quite some time, overseas on missions; and although we are going to miss them terribly and just thinking about them leaving right now brings tears to my eyes, I know that the Lord has called them to this life of service and that all six of them will do great and mighty things for His kingdom.
Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you all have a fantastic, work week!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: A Special Lady, Flora & Fauna I, & Spring Post (Wplus9) Paper: Pink Pirouette, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, & green damask patterned (SU); pink plaid patterned (DCWV Nana's Nursery Stack: Baby Girl); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Pink Pirouette & Pretty in Pink (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); Moonlight White (Brilliance) Other: So Saffron grosgrain ribbon, 2010 Sale-A-Bration punch, Dazzling Diamonds, & Tulip Frame embossing folder (SU); Labels Ten Nestabilities die (Spellbinders); white brads (C.R. Gibson)

15 comments:

Tracey said...

Oh Jinny this card is so stunning...I LOVE the dry embossing and all paper pieced tulips!! Thanks for sharing your personal pics...love to see them...you should of offered up signed copies of CARDS :) Hugs, T

Lynn said...

Congrats on your card being published! Love your card today too...really love the vellum sentiment! I must get my vellum out!

Karen B. said...

You've had some absolutely lovely cards these past few days! Love these paper pieced tulips, they are so fresh and fun!

Amy said...

Hi Jinny! This card is just pure beauty! Paper piecing is a favorite technique of mine and those tulips look amazing! I {almost} bought that EF and now I wished that I had!

On another note, I'm excited to meet you on Friday! Should be a great time! I'm getting so excited but I have a lot of cleaning to do before the girls come! :)

Elise said...

Hello, my dear! Don't you look radiant with YOUR issue! Yipeeeeee! {Glad you got your crafty hands on one!} And, I'm sorry for the stress and worry for your friends... With your prayers, I'm sure they'll be safe: good to have a great community of support and love! MEANWHILE, I can surely see why turning to your art gives you SO much comfort! This card is brilliant! In every WAY! SUCH a glorious color scheme to work from, so yes, indeed! CRAFT ON, sista! Yee Haw!

Kristii said...

Soooo pretty! I love the beautiful bow!! Congrats on your pub too!!! Sooooo exciting!

AnitaRex said...

This is a gorgeous Easter card! I love your tulips! :> I hope that your stressful weekend doesn't put a damper in your week! :> And it's hard when good people move away even when it's for good reasons!

Jen Carter said...

This card is so beautiful!! So many gorgeous details! I love the embossing and the punched border!

I'm excited to meet you on Friday! I'm counting down the days until it's time to get together with girlfriends!

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, those paper pieced beauties are amazing! You have really created a wonderful beauty for the OTWC50 challenge, and I am so happy you played along with us!

whoistracy said...

What a gorgeous card! I love the soft colors and that ribbon, especially. So glad that you could play along with us this week on Card Patterns!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Jinny, what a pretty Easter card! If I get time to make Easter cards, I might semi-CASE this. i like the paper-pieced tulips.

Kim Ryden said...

Did you take a picture of your card inside?? I can't wait to see it!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous card! Thanks for playing with us at Card Patterns!

Tenia Nelson said...

What a gorgeous card Miss Lady!!! Thanks for playing at OTWC this week!!!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Congrats on your shout out for this one, and I'm glad you liked my bookmarks :)