PageMaps Scrap That! Contest & Tuesday Trigger: Porch Play

Saturday, April 16, 2011

I know it's late for a post for me, but I had a little time to get creative earlier today and wanted to show you all the results.  Check it out!
I started this layout by flanking either side of my picture, which had been adhered to the lacy, kraft, base page, with squares of various, patterned papers; framing the squares with yellow-threaded, zig-zag stitches; and anchoring the whole grouping above a black, embellished, die-cut scallop.
I, then, dressed the top of the photo with a black doily; a distressed, notebook, die-cut strip; and a handmade, from punched, patterned, paper circles, flower, embellished with a red, polka dot, epoxy brad.  There's a bit of a how-to, for that paper flower, here on the CREATE: Blog.
The "baby's 1st GIFT" title was created from turquoise, glitter Thickers, red rubons, and wood alphas.
I, then, journaled, in Real Red ink, around the layout's edges, Ezekiel spent hours looking for just the right gift to welcome you into this world. I'd think he'd found it, and he'd trade it in for something he thought was better. In the end, he picked out this sweet Baby's 1st Pooh Bear, and it couldn't have been any more perfect. Welcome, baby Adina!  Finally, the bottom right corner was dressed with stamped, in Jet Black ink, on polka dot, embossed, kraft cardstock, and hand cut medallions, embellished with wood, veneer, flower buttons, laced with color-coordinating ribbons and twine.
My inspiration for this layout came from PageMaps' Scrap That! Contest...
the Tuesday Trigger: Porch Play in the Moxie Fab World (The colors had me at hello!)...
and my April Jenni Bowlin kit.
Here are the deets:
  • 3 Crate Paper Paper
  • 2 Sassafrasslass Papers
  • 1 Lily Bee Paper
  • 1 Pink Paislee Paper
  • 3 Bazzill Cardstocks
  • 2 sheets of Exclusive Mercantile Paper
  • 1 Crate Paper Border Sticker Sheet
  • 1 Sassafrasslass Journal Tags Sheet
  • 1 Pink Paislee Wood Alpha Pack
  • 1 vintage coat check tag
  • Exclusive Mercantile stickers Tab Sheet
  • Exclusive Mercantile Large Bingo Card Month
  • Pillow Box:
    • 1 yard May Arts Ribbon, organic cotton natural stripe ribbon
    • Several molded vintage style flowers
    • Studio Calico Wood Veneer Buttons, styles will vary
    • Maya Road Canvas Pennants
Alright, ya'll, I'm off to bed.  I know it's still early, but I'm exhausted.  It's been a busy day.  I feel like I've been saying that a lot lately.  I, desperately, need a not-so-busy day!  I mean, what I wouldn't give for a leisurely stroll through the grocery store or a quiet afternoon just to read or an uninterrupted soak in a hot, bubble bath.  Sigh.  Well, have a wonderful night, and thanks so much for reading!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mehndi Medallions (Wplus9) Paper: kraft embossed (Bazzill); lacy yellow, lacy kraft, & distressed red polka dot (Crate Paper); turquoise polka dot & heart, clouds, & yellow zig-zag (SU); red lacy (Cosmo Cricket); yellow floral (Jenni Bowlin); red & turquoise floral (DCWV) Ink: Real Red (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: yellow thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); black doily (Maya Road); turquoise glitter Thickers (American Crafts); red alpha rubons (Jenni Bowlin); black die-cut scallop (Crate Paper); 1-3/8" Circle punch & red polka dot epoxy brad (SU); wood alphas (Pink Paislee); wood veneer buttons (Studio Calico); red polka dot ribbon (Taylored Expressions); yellow twill (May Arts); Caribbean twine (The Twinery)

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful page, Jinny! Love all the fun elements you used!

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous Jinny, the colours are fabulous together, and what a lovely scrap page of a wonderful memory.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love your comment on the colors had me at hello!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a gorgeous LO! I love the colors and the papers--your stitching....OH OH OH! Just love it!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

Sherri Thompson said...

Beautiful sketch and kit, and AMAZING layout, Jinny!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Joanne Leddy said...

Beautiful page! I love the color combination and the papers with those embellishments are fabulous! Thanks for sharing!