PDCC77 - The Greeting Farm

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #77!
Our sponsor for this week is The Greeting Farm with a prize of a $25 gift certificate (Woohoo!)...
AND they have generously donated such sweet, little ladies to each of us designers.  I was blessed to have received Cuddle Anya, and here's what I created with her.
I started this card by dry embossing a piece of Whisper White cardstock; adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face; trimming it, across its bottom edge, with a strip of black, polka dot, patterned paper; and machine stitching, around both polka dot papers, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches.  I then stamped my image on Whisper White cardstock; colored in her skin with Blush Blossom ink and a blender pen, her hair with Basic Black ink, and her eyes with Mellow Moss ink; paper-pieced her pants and hat in a brown, polka dot, patterned paper, her hat's ears and the bear's ear and tummy in a pink, patterned paper, her shirt in a striped, mint, patterned paper, and her boots in a black, gingham, patterned paper; hand cut it out; and adhered it, with dimensionals, in the center of the dry embossed portion of the card face.  I also gave the bear a bit more dimension by cutting it out from a separately stamped piece and adhering it with more foam tape.
The "you make me happy" sentiment was stamped, in Crumb Cake ink, in the top center of the card face, just above Cuddle Anya.
Finally, I wrapped a white, seam binding ribbon, around the card face, between the two, polka dot papers; tied it, in a dressy bow, just right of center; and embellished it with a mint button, laced with hemp twine...
to complete the look.
That's all, from me, for today; but please don't forget to check out what all the other designers have created with their sweetie pies, before you're off to getting inky.  Then, you have until Tuesday, April 19, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your takes.  Cannot wait to see what you create with Ruby's gorgeous, neutral, color palette!  Have a great day, ya'll!

Julie Ranae
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Colleen Dietrich
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracy Kuzniak
AND please help us welcome this week's Guest Designer, Jessica Diedrich.  If you've never visited this girl's blog before, you're in for a real treat!  You'll find fantastic designs, with intricately colored images, boasting just the right amount of bling!  So good to have you, Jessica!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Cuddle Anya (The Greeting Farm); Funky Foliage (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, & pink patterned (SU); black gingham patterned (K&Company); black polka dot, kraft polka dot, & mint stripe patterned (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Blush Blossom, & Mellow Moss (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); dimensionals (Scotch); mint button (Paper Studio); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); blender pen (SU)

14 comments:

Fiona said...

gorgeous, Jinny! Love how you've focussed on the kraft/white, instead of the green - it really suits the image!

Christian Hollingsworth said...

I love the token green button. The colors are very nice.

Janna Werner said...

STINKIN CUTE, Jinny! If I would get such a card, I would never ever give it away again, it is so sweet! TFS Janna

Andrea Ewen said...

Super sweet Jinny...that image is adorable and I love the fab stitching you've got goin' on there! Great job with the colors and lovely bow, too!

Lin said...

Being an old Teddy Bear collector, I think this is adorable, Jinny! Such a fun card!!

Pauline said...

Aww, what a sweet card! I love the cuddle Anya image, and the paper piecing is great! Love the embossed background and the beautiful seam binding bow too, a fab card and wonderful inspiration!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awww this is soooo cute. Love her hat too. :)

Amy said...

I'm not real familiar with these images but Jinny this one is adorable! You did such a great job making her cute! I love all the sewing you did! (I got a quick tutorial on sewing this past weekend and hope to learn to do this on my cards!)

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, this is adorable!! I have a few of these images, but I am not a fan of coloring, so I don't pull them out often, but I find them so adorable, and the one you were able to play with is no exception! :-)

Ruby said...

Such a gorgeous card Jinny! I totally LOVE how you worked your little Anya in with the colour story. Fab polka dot paper and I love how you did all the stitching! Lovely card!

Michele Gross said...

Sooo sweet! I love how cute and girly your card turned out :) Great job!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Jinny! This little teddy and gal is super cute! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE how you focused on tan/white with just a little bit of green! LOVE LOVE LOVE! You are too amazing!!

massofhair said...

Cuddle Anya has to be my favourite stamped image. So very adorable. Fantastic amount of work went into your card and i love the stitching. Truly an inspirational card:-)

Jess-The Whimsical Butterfly said...

Hi Jinny :) Sorry it took me so long to get here! I love the CUTE CUTE paper piecing on your card and am so glad that TGF got to sponsor the PDCC! Thanks so much for having me as your guest designer!