PDCC78 - Market Street Stamps

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #78!
Our sponsor for this week is Market Street Stamps with a prize of a $30 gift certificate up for grabs for one lucky winner!  Now, how much fun would that be to spend?!
Here's my bit of inspiration.
I started this page with that fantabulous (Yes, I made up another word.), patterned, paper base.  I just couldn't bring myself to cover any more of it than what my pics, title, and few embellishments did.  Yummy!  I did add a red, zig-zag, die-cut strip across the top edge to cover a bit of orange in the original page.  It just wasn't working for me, but now, I love it to pieces!
My "willing away the WINTER weather" title was created from sticker and wood alphas.  The "away" and "weather" words were anchored with messy, pink-threaded, straight stitches, tied in knots at their ends, and the "N" in "WINTER" had a length of Baker's Twine wrapped around its left side and tied in a bow.
I was so excited to put my new cloud punch to work with that scrumptious, light blue, polka dot, patterned paper.  A few pink-threaded stitches, whose ends were again tied in knots to the front of the layout, were machine stitched around their edges; and a trio of Cricut-cut, from Pink Pirouette cardstock, and glittered snowflakes gussy up the page.
The triple-stamped "MAR 02 2010" date makes this page album ready.
Now, off you go to check out all the other beauties, created, just for you, by the rest of the design team.  Then, run get scrappy, because I'd love to see what ya'll create with this playful color story Julie Ranae has cooked up for us!  You have until Tuesday, April 26, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your entries.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a terrific Thursday, ya'll!

Julie Ranae
Sarah Anderson
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Colleen Dietrich
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracy Kuzniak
AND please help us welcome this week's Guest Designer, Hannah Craner.  I've had the privilege of being on the Wplus9 Design DT with Hannah over the last seven months, and I cannot tell you enough how sweet and talented this girl really is!  She's going places, ya'll!  So good to have you, Hannah!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: date stamp (QwikStar) Paper: Pink Pirouette (SU); notebook (Sassafras); light blue polka dot (American Crafts) Ink: red (QwikStar) Other: pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Cloud punch (Fiskars); Winter Lace Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); red alphas (Jenni Bowlin); white polka dot alphas (Doodlebug Design); wood alphas (Pink Paislee); blue alphas (BoBunny); Baker's Twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies); red zig-zag die-cut (Crate Paper)

14 comments:

Fiona said...

such a sweet LO Jinny! Fun colours to use with a wintery LO :)

Pam Wendt said...

I always enjoy these color schemes translated into a layout - yours is such a pretty interpretation! And the stitching and glittery pink snowflakes are so cute!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Awwww so cute. Love the stitching and the cute clouds. :)

Julie Ranae said...

Sweet, sweet LO, Jinny! Really glad that you bring these to the team. I love that it inspires others to enter their LO's as well!

Sylvia said...

How perfectly beautiful, Jinny! I love the layout you used and all the stitching, can't forget that beautiful girl! I may have to check out the challenge tomorrow, time allowing! As for winter weather, it was 93 yesterday, last night at 12:30Am it was 83 and 77% humidity! We are being slammed already!

Piglet said...

Very sweet LO! Thank you for your kind words in my blog!

Michele said...

Yay! Another beautiful and inspiring layout by Jinny! I absolutely love it; as usual, all the yummy little details every where make this page simply amazing. I am in awe of your stitching capabilities! Won't you please come on over and teach me how to do that!?! Jinny, you have such a special flare; I think I could pick your pages out of a line up! :)

Tracey said...

I am always so AMAZED at the amount of detail you add to your LO's....AMAZING Jinny!!! Adorable pics too!!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a sweet layout, Jinny...the colors are perfect and your daughter is adorable!

Michele Gross said...

I love seeing your layouts :) So fun, cute and sweet!

Maria said...

Just love looking at your layouts 'cause you do such a wonderful job! So sweet how you arranged the pics of your little girl and the clouds! Great layout...love it! Take care!

Laurie said...

Oh so cute! Maybe I need to pull out some pics! It has been awhile since I made a layout! You are inspiring me!! ;)

Amy said...

You do such a good job with these layouts! I wish I could get back into scrapbooking....Lord knows I have enough albums to last me forever! (I forgot to give you congrats on all your news on the last post!)

Ruby said...

I just LoVe this Jinny! So adorable!