PDCC79 - Hero Arts

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #79!
Our sponsor for this week is Hero Arts with a prize of a $25 shopping spree!  Seriously?!  We have the absolute BEST prizes here at PDCC, ya'll!
We were also so blessed to receive the stamp set of our choice to play with, as well as a little, bonus goody that none of us was expecting.  LOVE surprises!  Woohoo!  Thanks so much, Hero Arts!  I picked out A Kiss From the Sun (I cannot even begin to tell you all how long I've been drooling over this stamp set!) and was surprised with the Striped Flower rubber cling stamp.  And here's what I created, with my new treats, to hopefully inspire your own creations.
I started this layout by adhering a lime, leafy, patterned, paper square to the center of the textured, Going Gray, cardstock base and a red, polka dot, patterned, paper square in the center of the previous and machine stitching, with gray-threaded, straight stitches, around the inside and outside edges of both.
I, then, adhered the notebook die-cut, just inside the right-side, stitch lines, on the red, polka dot, patterned paper and journaled, You are always so willing to try something new and anxious to help.  I loved the way you so carefully took the time to be sure every last fold was smoothed, on this particular day, when you were helping with the laundry.  You never gave up until you came to one of Daddy's work shirts.  It was just a little too hard.  I'm so proud of you.  {heart}, Mommy.
After adhering the photograph, just to the top left of the journaling die-cut, I embellished it with a "TREASURES" tab above and a "And one more thing..." sticker and "TODAY'S DATE IS" January 14, 2010, I love you! label below.  The "life lessons", foam, Thickers title rests upon a heart, starter strip, which anchors the bottom of the layout and preps the page for stamping.
I stamped the branches, including the one with the birds, and white tee, in Jet Black ink, on Whisper White cardstock; colored them in with Chocolate Chip, Gable Green, Ruby Red, and Basic Gray inks and a blender pen; hand cut them out; and adhered them, in their respective locations, with dimensionals.  LOVE the way the white tee was attached as though Ezekiel were surrendering!
The pants were stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a distressed, lime, patterned paper and the dress on a red, doily, patterned paper.  They both were, then, given a little, white, gel pen detailing; hand cut out; and adhered, hanging from the birds' branch, with dimensionals.  A little glitter dresses up the birds, and some Baker's Twine secures the clothing items in place and completes the look.
Aside from the color story above, further inspiration for this layout came from this March PageMap of Becky Fleck's.
That's all from my neck of the woods, ya'll!  You have until Tuesday, May 3, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your takes on that stunning, new color story Sarah cooked up, for us, this week.  Now, off you go to check out what the other girls have created with their new goodies.  Have a terrific Thursday!

Julie Ranae
Sarah Anderson
Savannah O'Gwynn
Ruby McGuire
Andrea Ewen
Colleen Dietrich
Fiona Shultz
Jaclyn Miller
Libby Hickson
Michele Gross
Tracy Kuzniak
AND please help us welcome this week's Guest Designer, Kelly Rasmussen.  Just LOVE what this girl can do with a little paper and ink!  She never fails to inspire!  So good to have you, Kelly!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: A Kiss From the Sun (Hero Arts) Paper: Going Gray & Whisper White (SU); lime leafy (Me & My Big Ideas); red polka dot (KI Memories); heart starter strip (Sassafras); distressed lime (Basic Grey); red doily (October Afternoon) Ink: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Chocolate Chip, Gable Green, Ruby Red, & white gel pen (SU); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); dimensionals (Scotch); "TREASURES" tab (October Afternoon); "And one more thing..." sticker (Crate Paper); "TODAY'S DATE IS" label (Jenni Bowlin); journaling die-cut (Sassafras); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); foam Thickers (American Crafts); Baker's Twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies)

19 comments:

Fiona said...

Fantastic way to incorporate the stamps Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors, the little birds and LOVING that journaling! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Piglet said...

Ah, how sweet!!!! I love layouts with simple life stories!

Lindsay said...

What a fun LO! Love the branch and birds on there! So so fun!

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, this layout is precious! You amaze me that you have time to do what you do and your journaling does not take a backseat! :-)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Hi Jinny, I'm finally making it by! Ha. Your LO is adorable, as usual. I love those little clothesline accents you've created - you should totally make a card the same way for the current PC call using twine. :)

Michele said...

Your pages are such an absolute delight to view and enjoy! What a treasure they will be to your children and family! This layout is divine, every last detail is perfect ... LOVE the laundry! You impress me so much Jinny! :)

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful layout Jinny! You really rocked the colors and created something really fun!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOVE this LO!! So fun--you made those birdies pop! LOVE that laundry hanging from the branch! FUN FUN FUN!! LOVE when you do LOs--so inspiring:)

THANKS so much, Jinny, for your wonderful comments and support! I love when you stop by my blog! SO sorry I've been MIA--sick and migraines and busy schedule--but I'm hoping to be a better blog friend!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE you:)

Ruby said...

This is gorgeous Jinny, I just love the way you've done the little clothes at the top, totally adorable!

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Your artwork is great! Beautifully created.

Julie Ranae said...

Always love the textures and dimension you bring to your layouts, Jinny. What a great way to use the colors this week!

Pam Wendt said...

Oh Jinny, so many things to love in this layout! For starters, what a darling picture of your little helper. And all of the details - the stamping, the textures, the stitching - as always, it's beautiful!

Tracey said...

Oh Jinny!! I am in serious AWE every single time I visit your blog!!! LOVE how you incorporated the HA stamps into your LO! I so do love how you really take the time to journal...so important! Hugs, T

Maria said...

Ohhh so so cute!!! Love all the details on your sweet layout! The little birds, branches, clothes, and twine! Your fantastic journaling and sewing on your page...amazing! Come over to my house 'cause I could use some help with my layouts...hehehe! Great job...take care!:-)

Andrea Ewen said...

A perfectly delightful layout, Jinny...you are the master of both card making and scrapbooking! Perfect mix of the colors, gorgeous (straight!) stitching and your paper cutting skills are amazing! These details all add up to make one fabulous creation...keep it up, my friend!

Janna Werner said...

This layout is perfect, Jinny. I love your handwriting and the little details. The stitching is great and the sketch is fabulous. Ok, think I am running out of words now ;-) Have a lovely weekend! Janna

Sue Smith said...

I really love your layout! The stamp set you've used is absolutely gorgeous!

Judy1223 said...

Sweet layout! I do love Hero Arts stamps...lucky you to get to pick a set AND get an extra goodie included! I'm new-ish to the PDC and I love all your contributions...and I love your blog!