SIT #45 & TPV: Polka Dots

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Good morning!  Well, I'm still crossing my fingers that we're actually going to have a warmer, drier, beautiful, spring-like day today; but so far, it's just been chilly and wet, yet again.  Anyway, I've declared this a day for layouts!  LOL!  I've got three of them, coming your way, throughout the course of today.  I think that's a first for me... three posts in one day.  Gracious!  What am I thinking?!  Well, whatever it is, I'm having fun with it; so please, check out my first.
I started this layout by trimming a scalloped circle, patterned paper into half-circles to fit across the top and bottom of the aqua, grid, patterned paper; using Ivory White, acrylic paint, to create a make-shift frame for my pics, as well as distress the edges of my base page; and stamping, in Baja Breeze ink, the polka dots, randomly, over the painted area.  I, then, tore a couple of patterned papers; layered them, horizontally, on top of one another, over the painted area; dressed up their center with a strip of artisan tape; and machine stitched, with hot-pink-threaded, zig-zag stitches, down the very center of the layers.
After adhering pictures, I tucked a die-cut frame behind the top of the right ones; used a white embossed, on vellum, and hand-cut butterfly, leftover from yesterday's CASE Study #36 & CR84FN25 take, to dress up that die-cut...
and created my "Look WHO'S crawling" title from bubble alphas and yellow, glitter and hot pink, vinyl Thickers.
Finally, I journaled, I just {heart} to watch you grow and learn and blossom right before my eyes, on a pink, scalloped die-cut; adhered it near the top left corner of the layout; embellished it with a scalloped, floral die-cut, anchored with hot-pink-threaded, zig-zag stitches, and a bright pink button, laced with white string; and added a little, white, gel pen, polka dot detailing to lots of my scallops, to complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketches in Thyme's Challenge #45.
I'm also turning it in to The Paper Variety's Polka Dots Challenge.
Okay, ya'll!  I'll be back, this afternoon, with my take on Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday!  And thanks so much for peeking in!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I (Wplus9); Dots For Sure (Unity) Paper: all patterned (My Little Shoebox); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Baja Breeze (SU) Other: hot pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); artisan tape (Pink Paislee); bright pink button & white gel pen (SU); white embossing powder (Ranger); floral die-cuts (Sassafras); scalloped journaling die-cut (Jenni Bowlin); white string (Hobby Lobby); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkArt); bubble alphas (JoAnn Craft Essentials); yellow glitter & hot pink vinyl Thickers (American Crafts)

9 comments:

mustangkayla said...

What a cutie pie! Such an adorable layout!

Lindsay said...

Such an awesome LO! Your adorable subject helps too! So so sweet!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this!! Those photos are adorable and loving the diecut paper at the top/bottom of the page!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

~jan said...

Such a sweet layout! I love how you stamped the polka dots-so cool! Thanks for playing iwth us at The Paper Variety!

Theresa said...

adorable! love the layering and the hand cut butterfly is to die for! thanks for playing along with The Paper Variety.

lizaveta said...

Beautiful LO!))
Thanks for joining with us at Sketches In Thyme!!

mindy gallagher said...

So cute!!! I love it! It's so bright and cheery!!! Thanks for playing along with us at TPV!!!

Paisley Petals said...

What a great LO! Love what you did with the scallop circle :)

Erin R said...

what a great project!! thanks for playing at sketches in thyme!!