Sketches in Thyme DT Call & Embellish Crochet Trim Color Trends Challenge

Friday, April 22, 2011

I know that I'm sneaking this in just under the wire, and I wanted to apologize to the ladies over at Sketches in Thyme.  They are having a DT Call, and I'm throwing myself head-first, for all to see, into the mix of fabulous designers up for consideration.  I'd really love to grow my scrapbooking style and learn from other amazing scrappers in the field.  Plus, I've got more pictures and supplies than I know what to do with most days!  LOL!  So, if I make it, it was meant to be; and if I don't, than I can only hope that I have as much grace, in the face of rejection, that I've read so many of you possess.  Here's my take.
I started this layout by adhering an 8" square of teal, floral, patterned paper to the center of the bright yellow, patterned, paper base; using bubble wrap to stamp Paradise, acrylic paint, haphazardly across the design; and machine stitching white-threaded, straight-stitch circles around the center of the teal, patterned paper.  I, then, trimmed my pictures, across their bottom edges, with a yellow die-cut scallop and stacked lengths of lace trims, pulled tight, just left of center, with a yellow ribbon, embellished with a white, string bow and a teal, paper rose.
My "sweet dreams" title is a turquoise-glittered, adhesive transfer on a strip of yellow, polka dot, pattered paper.   It was framed with a strip of aqua, glitter paper, which had been punched, vertically, on either end; adhered above my right photograph; anchored with a couple of staples; and finished with a yellow label, upon with I journaled, one-month-old today.
The clouds were punched from textured, whisper White cardstock; adhered, with dimensionals, near the top of my layout; and embellished with a few, sticker, dimensional butterflies, to complete the look.
Other than the fabulous Sketches in Thyme DT Call Sketch...
further inspiration for this layout came from Embellish's Crochet Trim Color Trends Challenge.
And just because, I've got a couple of pictures of the loves of my life, enjoying some of their new, favorite things, to share, with you all, today.  Ezekiel was beyond thrilled to get his third grade curriculum, in the mail, this week!
This is the book he was most excited about!  LOL!
And remember my telling you all about my friend, Tammy, and her family moving overseas on missions?  Well, they cleaned out their house (I was just in it on Wednesday, and believe me, there's just a few dust bunnies and hand-me-downs left for the new family moving in.  So sad.  Sigh.), packed up the necessities, and gave away lots of stuff to family and friends right before they left.  Adina was blessed to receive this fun, little kitchen, filled with dishes and plastic food treats.  She's been cooking up everything from coffee to pancakes to peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for us and loving every minute of it.
I know that I said it yesterday, but I'm officially signing off for the weekend now, so happy Easter!  May you be blessed with treasured remembrances and precious, new memories and find sweet peace in your celebrations of our resurrected Lord!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: bubble wrap Paper: textured Whisper White (SU); yellow decorative (Pink Paislee); teal floral & aqua glitter (DCWV); yellow polka dot (October Afternoon) Ink: Tempting Turquoise (SU) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white lace (Paper Studio); turquoise lace (JoAnn Fabrics); white string (Hobby Lobby); teal paper rose (Taylored Expression); yellow ribbon (unknown); yellow die-cut scallop (Crate Paper); dimensional butterfly stickers, adhesive transfer, & turquoise glitter (K&Company); Cloud punch (Fiskars); dimensionals (Scotch); yellow label (Jenni Bowlin); staples & stapler; Paradise acrylic paint (Delta Creative); Scalloped Scallop punch (EK Success)

10 comments:

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful layout and you would be PERFECT for that team!! Have a wonderful Easter weekend!!
Hugs! :D

Laurie said...

What an adorable layout! I LOVE the trim! Such a great touch! The kids are getting so big! Cute pics!

Amy said...

Oh good luck to you Jinny! This is such a sweet layout especially with these springy colors! It's funny because my son is NOT liking cursive writing this year......his writing is horrible! S- grade is what he's getting! LOL

Cristina said...

I always love seeing your scrapbook layouts, Jinny! You do them so well. Happy Easter, my dear! And thanks, as always, for joining us at Embellish.

Janna Werner said...

Hi Jinny! Perfect layout! Love the colour combi! Have a lovely weekend! Janna

Pam Wendt said...

What darling children!
And your layout is, as usual, absolutely beautiful - love all the details and the pretty colors :o)
Happy Easter!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

WOW...What a beautiful color combo on your page. Good luck in the DT call. They are a great team to work with. Hope you and your family had a Happy Easter! :)

tiffany said...

your layout is gorgeous!! love those crocheted embellies you've incorporated. Have a tough job ahead choosing the new DT, Thanks for joining in the challenge at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany DT

Ruby said...

Your layout is gorgeous, I'm really into blue and yellow at the moment. I think you'd be fab for the DT call, here's to you getting some great news that you get offered it! :)

Traveling Mama said...

First of all, your scrapbook page is beautiful!! I love how you incorporated the challenge colors and elements into it! We used the Abeka program with our kids when we were in Morocco and were very pleased with it. Our kids loved it! I was just reminiscing on my blog about selling everything and moving overseas so I can identify with your friends, but I'm sure they loved getting to bless your little one!