Sketchy Thursdays & CCG187

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good afternoon!  What a day it has been!  We went to story time, this morning, at the library.  Then, we stopped by our friends', that are going overseas on missions, home to take them a little care package (They leave on Friday.) and ended up playing, helping put away, talking, and packing the rest of the morning.  We just got home about fifteen minutes ago, but that didn't stop me from getting creative earlier this week.  LOL!  Check it out!
I started this page by adhering the red, numbered, patterned paper to the green, distressed, patterned, paper base and machine stitching, with brown-threaded, straight stitches, down its outside, vertical edges, tying the left-side columns, to the front of the layout, at the top and bottom.  I then layered, horizontally, a teal, striped, patterned paper; a patterned, paper, scalloped edge (LOVE the way this looks a bit like flags or chevron stripes!); and a yellow, die-cut, cardstock scallop.
My "RACE DAY" title was created from yellow, glitter Thickers, anchored on red, rubon, journaling lines.
After adhering pictures, I trimmed the bottom of the smallest one with a number, die-cut, sticker strip and anchored it, at either end, with staples.
A couple of silver, star brads, as well as a cluster of a brown, April, calendar card, upon which the 26 was circled and an '09 was noted, both in Ruby Red ink; a red, car Feltie, which was given to me, for my birthday, by the sweet Laurel Seabrook (Thanks again, girl!  LOVE 'em!); a "GOOD TIMES", cardstock sticker; and an old, shoe tag, embellished with a little, brown, Baker's Twine, tied in a dressy bow, complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #187.
Thanks for peeking in, ya'll!  I'm off to go through a bunch of goodies my friend Tammy sent us home with this morning, clean bathrooms and my kitchen floor, help Ezekiel finish up his schoolwork, and try to sneak in some time to work on a DT project.  Yikes!  And I'm going to try to fit all that in while my little kiddo is napping.  Wish me luck!  Oh!  AND I'll be back, late tonight, with a brand new color story for The Play Date Cafe, too.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: green distressed patterned (Basic Grey); teal stripe patterned (DCWV Nana's Kitchen Stack); red flag scallop & number patterned (Sassafras) Ink: Ruby Red (SU) Other: brown thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); staples & stapler; yellow die-cut cardstock strip (Bazzill); die-cut cardstock sticker (October Afternoon); car Feltie (Sassafras); Baker's Twine (AR Designs); number die-cut sticker strip & silver star brads (SU); calendar card & rubon journaling lines (Jenni Bowlin); yellow glitter Thickers (American Crafts); shoe tag (Adina's Converse tennies)

9 comments:

Heather said...

LOVE the distressing and very cool stitching!

Patrice said...

I love the combination of the two challenges!

Dana said...

This is just fabulous! I love how you've tied everything together so nicely! A gift I covet! ;)

Diana Fisher said...

Absolutely fabulous page! I love all the little extras in all the corners. Such fun!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooooooooo FUN!! My son loves Nascar!!! I love love love the photos, the colors and that title work! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

monica said...

Very fun layout...great take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays this week!

corrie said...

great page! i love your colors!

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, I love your layouts! This is so cute!

Wendy said...

I always love your layouts! You make it look so easy & effortless every time! Perfect little details!