Sketchy Thursdays & CQC #82

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I promised you all that I'd be back with another layout today, and I'm here, now, to deliver.  Check it out!
I started this layout by trimming a strip of green, gingham, patterned paper, across its bottom edge, with a strip of punched, Always Artichoke cardstock; dressing it up with a green, striped, monkey sticker; adhering it, just above horizontal center, to the aqua, weave, patterned, paper, base page; and anchoring it with both green-threaded, straight and zig-zag stitches.
I, then, adhered a rectangle of heart, patterned paper over it near the top left side of the layout and machine stitched a green-threaded, straight-stitched frame around its edges, before adhering my pictures and flanking their top left and bottom right corners with green, die-cut, photo corners.  The bottom right corner was also dressed up with stamped, in Wild Wasabi and Chocolate Chip inks, on Whisper White cardstock, hand-cut, and glittered cattails and a stamped, in Always Artichoke ink, on Whisper White cardstock and hand-cut alligator, both of which were adhered with dimensionals.  The alligator was also decked out with a couple of google eyes.
A couple of punched from an aqua, star, patterned paper; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhered, with dimensionals, clouds, prep the layout for my title...
which was created from alpha stickers and glitter Thickers on a bed of a strip of aqua, notebook, patterned paper, anchored with green-threaded, zig-zag stitches; a distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, vintage, coat tag top; and a green, die-cut frame.
Finally, I journaled, in Always Artichoke ink, in the bottom right corner of the heart, patterned paper, We just can't take a trip to Grandma's w/o going to the zoo.  7.26.07; framed it, above, with a strip of artisan tape; balanced it, in the bottom left corner of the heart, patterned paper with a trio of green brads; and distressed the edges of everything with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, to complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and ColourQ's Challenge #82.
If this is your first stop, by my blog, today, please be sure to scroll down and check out my previous, SIT #45 & TVP: Polka Dots post.  Then, I want to invite ya'll back, around 11:01 pm CST, for the final layout, in my day of layouts, boasting the premier of Challenge #79 at The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, enjoy the rest of your Wednesday, and thanks again for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Guiding Light (Wplus9); Wild About You (SU) Paper: Always Artichoke, Whisper White, & aqua star (SU); aqua weave & heart patterned (Sassafras); aqua notebook (Cosmo Cricket); green gingham (KI Memories) Ink: Always Artichoke, Wild Wasabi, & Chocolate Chip (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: green thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Upper Crest Border & Cloud punches (Fiskars); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); green alpha & vintage coat tag (Jenni Bowlin); green glitter Thickers (American Crafts); brown alphas (My Little Shoebox); twig alphas (Doodlebug Design); green die-cut partial frame (Crate Paper); green brads (unknown); artisan tape (Pink Paislee); google eyes (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals (Scotch); striped green monkey sticker (American Traditionals); green photo corners (Sassafras)

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

Hi Jinny, I just came in from mowing my backyard. It was a little cooler today and I thought I will just mow the shady part, but I just had to finish. So I came in and sat down at the computer to look at all the new entries and here I am! I just love this page, all the details. Love, love, love, the circle repetition! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the colourQ.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love the photos, the stitching and loving the "zoo" alphas! Thanks soooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lindsay said...

AWESOME Jinny! Love what you did with the colors! So so fun!

Patrice said...

Great layout - so much fun!

corrie said...

great job. i love the papers,clouds. embellies, everything!

Kim Ryden said...

Yay! We might go to the zoo tomorrow! I love the little alligator with the googlie eyes! That and the decorative tape are my favorites in this layout!

Piglet said...

What a great layout! Every detail makes sence and look so adorable! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

Wendy said...

Great layout Jinny and use of the pattern papers.I can't wait to start doing more scrapbooking. i just need to get my photos printed and I will be coming back here to take notes.

Christina said...

You make scrapbook layouts look so easy! Love how you incorporate stamping and so many fun elements. Wanna help me catch up on mine? LOL! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ!

Noelle said...

Jinny, this is so cute! I LOOOOOVE all the layers and all your adorable details. Thanks for playing at CQC! :)

Anita S. said...

Very cute LO - love the google eyes on the alligator! Thanks for playing along with us at CQC this week.

Rochelle said...

What an awesome page! I love all the details! Thanks for playing at the colourQ!