Totally Hues Challenge #5 & Card Patterns Sketch 110

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Well, good evening!  I hope you've all had a wonderful day so far!  We had sweet friends over to play this morning, and now, I'm sitting in a Spinach Lasagna and homemade brownie coma, while Adina chatters away, in the tub, next to me.  It's been a good day, but I'm uber ready for bedtime.  Anyway, I found a little time to get creative this afternoon.  I've had my eye on these two challenges and my new, Paper Smooches goodies all week, and I finally got the chance to put them together in this fun card for my hubby.  He's not scared of pink or hearts or bows!  LOL!  Gotta love him!
I started this card by adhering a piece of zig-zag, patterned paper near the top edge and overhanging the sides, to line up with the card face, of a piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock, which had been trimmed, across its bottom edge, with a punched piece of Garden Green cardstock.  I, then, machine stitched, with pink-threaded, straight stitches twice across the top, as well as the bottom, horizontal length of the patterned paper and once just above the punched edge; stamped, in white ink, a row of hearts above and below the stitched, patterned, paper piece; and adhered it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
A green, gingham ribbon was wrapped twice, around the card face, over the patterned paper; tied, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face; and embellished with a pink button, laced with a hemp twine bow.
The television was stamped on distressed, green, patterned paper, as well as on a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  It was then hand cut out; paper-pieced with the screen, which had been stamped, in Garden Green ink, with the scratchy lines; given a little shine, on the knobs, with Crystal Effects; and adhered, with dimensionals, to a circle of textured, Whisper White cardstock, which had been machine stitched, with pink-threaded, messy stitches, to a slightly larger circle of Pink Pirouette cardstock and, in turn, was adhered, with dimensionals, just to the left of the embellished bow.
Finally, I clear embossed the "you turn me on" sentiment, just above the punched and stitched edge, on the Bravo Burgundy cardstock...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Heather Pulvirenti's Totally Hues: Challenge #5...
and Card Patterns' Sketch 110.
I'll be back, in just a bit, with a brand new, Wplus9 Design Color Cue {14}.  Until then, I hope you all have a relaxing night!  And thanks ever so much for stopping by my little corner of the web!  Hugs!

{Stamps & Supplies)
Stamps: Boob Tubes (Paper Smooches) Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, & zig-zag patterned (SU); green distressed patterned (Basic Grey) Ink: Garden Green, Basic Black, & White (SU); VersaMark Other: pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Threading Water Border punch & circle template (Fiskars); hemp twine & green gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); pink button (Paper Studio); dimensionals (Scotch); Crystal Effects & clear embossing powder (SU)

9 comments:

Christina said...

This card is just killing me with cuteness! Seriously, I have no idea what to do with these colors, but this card totally rocks!

Amy said...

Eeek! This is seriously cute! I plan on using this set for my hubby's anniversary card! This is CAYOOT!! Great job with these colors too!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors of the papers--and that TV is super fun! I can't wait to get that stamp set! LOVE the white stamping on the maroon paper! You rock:)

whoistracy said...

That sentiment just cracks me up. LOL Such a cute card. Glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card, the image and sentiment are such fun, and the colour combo is fab! Love all the stitching too.

Kathy said...

I love this! Great colors together and I adore the green gingham ribbon. I've really been holding out on some of the Paper Smooches sets but find my will power giving out on me :-)

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny this is just too cute and your circular stitching is insane! (compliment) {wink} This is a winner!!!

Heather P. said...

Oh my word! This is ADORABLE!

NinaB said...

What an adorable card, Jinny. That sentiment cracks me up. I'm glad you could join us at Card Patterns this week.