Tuesday Trigger: A Burst of Blooms

Friday, April 8, 2011

Good morning!  We've got lots of April birthdays in my family, so needless to say, I've been busy making cards.  Here's one for my niece that I'm hoping she doesn't see here before the big day.
I started this card by stamping the medallions, in a stacked sort of fashion, in Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise, and Pink Passion inks, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; machine stitching, in hot pink-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.  I, then, backed a strip of barn board, patterned paper, with a punched, across its top and bottom edges, strip of Tempting Turquoise cardstock; machine stitched, with hot-pink-threaded, straight stitches the horizontal length of the top and bottom edges of the patterned, paper strip; adhered it near the top edge of the card face; and embellished it with a length of yellow trim and Pink Sorbet twine, tied, in a bow, near the left edge of the card face.
A die-cut, Barely Banana, cardstock label was tucked under the embellished, patterned, paper strip; white embossed with the "Celebrate" sentiment; and embellished with a row of yellow gemstones...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from the Tuesday Trigger: A Burst of Blooms in the Moxie Fab World.  I was completely drawn to those bright, colorful rings of crochet against the rustic, kraft-colored chair and wall.  Yummy!
Oh!  And last night's dinner couldn't have been more perfect! I just love cooking for special people, and these people are probably my favorite dinner guests of all time! And now, can you believe it's already Friday?! This week has just flown by! We've got a home school conference to attend tomorrow, but tonight, I'm just about the luckiest girl in the world!  I get to meet a handful of local, uber talented, beautiful, creative, young ladies for dinner, including Amy, Barb, Jen, and Laurie, and I just cannot wait!  Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mehndi Medallions (Wplus9) Paper: Crumb Cake, Tempting Turquoise, Barely Banana, & Whisper White (SU); barn board patterned (Paper Studio) Ink: Barely Banana, Tempting Turquoise, & Pink Passion (SU); VersaMark Other: hot pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop punch (SU); All Occasion Label die (Wplus9); white embossing powder (Ranger); yellow gemstones (Doodlebug Design); yellow trim (Hobby Lobby); Pink Sorbet twine (The Twinery)

14 comments:

Glenda J said...

Wow! I love your panel with the ribbon and twine. Beautiful and brilliant!

AnitaRex said...

I love your pretty colorful card! And your so lucky to meet up with a bunch of blog friends tonight!

Kim Ryden said...

Love this card! I might have to CASE it for a card event. Of course I'll have to Stampin Up-ify it but it's SO cute!!! Thanks for the insipration!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Oh I love what you've done with the colors... and sorry I can't share the muffins, we ate them! Oops, suppose to give them away... but I did give away today's post... so at least that wasn't a prop for a crafty project.

Joanne Leddy said...

Fabulous, Jinny! Love the colors and that bakers twine was made for this card ... it's the perfect embellishment! Thanks for sharing!

Pauline said...

Just gorgeous! I love the ribbon and twine layered effect, and the stamping is perfect.

Sylvia said...

So pretty, Jinny! Love your twine!

~amy~ said...

soooo pretty...I used the same stamp set. Love your take on the trigger...

onecraftymama said...

Your creations just make me happy :)
There is always something touchable - my favourite - and in this one, it's the lovely trim & twine layers!

Alanna Harris said...

so pretty...the colours are fabulous - true eye candy!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! You are just too amazing--this is gorgeous! I love how you have medallions in the background and the stitched piece on the front with the twine--GORGEOUS combo!

Cath said...

Hey Jinny! What a sweet approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Jen Carter said...

I love this! That medallion set is my favorite from WPlus9! I love all the colors and the fun ribbon/trim treatment at the top!

Dana said...

Love what you did with those medallions!!