Weekend Snapshots

Monday, April 11, 2011

It was another super fun and busy weekend around our place!  It all began with a little time for me to get away from it all and meet this lovely group of ladies.  That's Jen, Amy, Laurie, and myself in the picture below, and Barb was taking the pic.  I guess she's not a picture person.  It was absolutely wonderful to meet you all!  Thank you for including me in your scrappy weekend, ladies!  I hope we can do it again soon!
After dinner, I made my way over to Borders.  Our store is closing down due to the chain's bankruptcy, and the discounted books were calling my name.  I spent WAY TOO MUCH, but you all knew that would happen with that soft spot of mine towards children's books and cook books.  Lots of them have been put away for birthdays and Christmas.  So, they're a little justified anyway.  LOL!
We also decided to close our Children's Book of the Month Club account (They keep sending us books and freely charging them to our debit card.  No good!  Plus, their selection is uber limited.) but wanted to take advantage of the membership points we had accrued before doing so.  So, here's another small stack of children's books that came our way this weekend.
Then, Saturday morning, after picking Ezekiel up from his sleepover, we scooped up another handful of books and lots of information on opportunities for home schoolers on our trip to the home school convention, where we also had the privilege of seeing all these dinosaur casts.  Ezekiel was thrilled!
On the way home, Ezekiel insisted that he didn't fall asleep in the car.  (He and his friends didn't get much sleep the night before.)  Matter of fact, he said that he was only closing his eyes, "because of the sun," but I think this picture and the seat belt imprint on his cheek prove otherwise.  LOL!
And because I was taking pictures of Ezekiel, Adina had to show off her bear.
Oh, and I just love these pics of Adina, too!  She carries paper and pens around with her everywhere she goes, even while watching her latest favorite DVD, Toy Story.  She says that she's doing her seat work.  Too funny!  She mimics just about everything Ezekiel does, and it's SUPER scary!
Sunday was pretty uneventful with church and a little time to get creative and put the house back in order after the hectic weekend.  Adina and I even took a long walk, spent some time at the park, and caught up with lots of our neighbors, after the boys went to Awana.  Now, we're off to another week of work and school.  And I'm trying to sort through all kinds of hand-me-downs to see what exactly Adina has clothes-wise for the summer and clean out Ezekiel's closet to see what he needs.  She's the youngest girl in our family, so she gets her fair share of used goodies; but he's the oldest boy, so there's not much given to us for him.

Well, thanks so much for peeking in!  I hope you all have a wonderful week!  And I promise to make my way around SOON to all of your blogs.  You all have been so sweet in leaving thoughtful and encouraging comments for me, and I'm so behind in returning the favors.  I'm so sorry!

10 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

It's so great when ya get to meet crafty friends. Great photos. :)

AnitaRex said...

Hi Jinny what a fun weekend! Busy! :> It must have been nice to meet up some blog friends! :> I am over here going through clothes too. It's a big job but needs to be done! :>

Sylvia said...

Wow Jinny! You sound like you had a lot of fun this weekend. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello again! You know I miss Colorado, so much, my views, my flowers and birds. However, if I lived out in the country I would have beautiful views here. But, God knows best, because I am at most 3 miles from everything I need and/or want. I can not do what I used to do and have accepted that. As for challenges, I would be lost without them and it is gratifying to win, but I believe everyone that tries is a winner in one way or the other. I strive to worlk hard at whatever challenge I do, and limit which ones I do because of time. I am glad to have found you. We have a lot in common inspite of our age difference. by the way, I home schooled my two boys when we lived in Nigeria, the girls were at missionary boarding school. We used Calvert, excellent curriculum!(no we were not missionaries) Have a wonderful week!

Patrice said...

Looks like a fun weekend - you got some great books!

Lynn said...

Looks like an absolutely wonderful weekend! Jealous!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! Looks like you had a blast this weekend! So much fun--so jealous:) And your kids look like they had a great time too! Ezekiel does look asleep--LOL! And Adina--OH! Pretty little thing--she looks just like her momma!

ps...I think you asked me how tall I am in an email (but I can't find it)....I'm 5'9" on a bad day and 5'10" on a good day...and with heels around 6'2"! LOVE IT:)

Laurie said...

Ok looks like we should have followed you to Borders! WOW!! I love books and buying them for my kiddos too! It was AMAZING to meet you and I am seeing some crafty time together very soon! We are less than 3 hours apart! A great little road trip! Thanks for meeting with us and eating chinese! I hope that rice lasted you a LONG time! :)

Christina said...

Lots of great pictures! So glad you girls were able to meet up!

Jen Carter said...

It was so fun to meet you Jinny! I really enjoyed visiting with you and getting to know you some! What a fun discovery that you attend the same church my brother goes too! I'll have to email you more about that sometime.

Amy said...

I had such a great time meeting another crafty friend that is so close! I enjoyed having time to visit and getting to know you more! We should totally plan a stamping day! Laurie has connections in KC. :) Can you email me the photos? Thanks Jinny!