CASE Study #38

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Good morning, ya'll!  I have a pretty, little number, for you all, today and about a million things to check off my list, including getting around to visiting so many of you.  So, let's get right to it.
I started this card by adhering a piece of floral, patterned paper to a slightly larger piece of Baja Breeze cardstock and zig-zag stitching around its edges with white-threaded, machine stitches.
I, then, adhered the white, paper doily in the top center of the card face; wrapped a length of yellow trim, vertically, near the right edge of the prepped piece; embellished that trim with a length of white, seam binding ribbon, wrapped over its top and tied, in a dressy bow, near the bottom edge of the prepped piece; embellished the dressy bow with a white string bow and a pink, paper rose; adhered the prepped piece, with dimensionals, to the Pink Pirouette, cardstock, card face; and sponged Ivory White, acrylic paint around its edges.
Finally, I white embossed the "COURAGE DOESN'T ALWAYS ROAR.  SOMETIMES COURAGE IS THE QUIET VOICE AT THE END OF THE DAY SAYING, 'I WILL TRY AGAIN TOMORROW.'  - MARY ANNE RADMACHER" quote, as well as the frame, on a Crumb Cake, cardstock die-cut, which was, in turn, adhered, in the center of the doily, with dimensionals...
to finish the look.
My inspiration for this card came from this gorgeous creation, made by CASE Study's May Muse, Sarah Martina Parker, for Challenge #38.
And just for fun, I wanted to share a few pics of my littlest enjoying the sunshine.  It was even warm enough to get the wading pool out yesterday!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  And have a terrific Tuesday, everyone!  Oh!  And don't forget that you have until the close of today EST to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's current Challenge #80.  Cannot wait to see what you all have come up with!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Filigreed Frames (Wplus9); Blue Skies (Verve) Paper: Pink Pirouette, Baja Breeze, & Crumb Cake (SU); floral patterned (Pink Paislee); white doily (Wilton) Ink: watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); yellow trim & white string (Hobby Lobby); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); pink paper rose (Taylored Expressions); dimensionals (Scotch); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkArt); Label Layers I die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix)

12 comments:

Janet Perafan-Babar said...

THAT is an AWESOME CASE!!! WOW Jinny! LOVE IT!

Lindsay said...

Gorgeous card Jinny! Love the details and that frame! So much to love about this card! Your daughter is adorable!

Amy said...

Well, Miss Jinny. This card is amazing. You have captured Sarah's card to a T. I love love your stitching. I'm just starting to do this but now am having trouble with my bobbin. :)

It certainly warm enough for swimming! My kids asked me that on Sunday but we said, there has to be a pool open first! LOL Bring back spring!

Aimes said...

This card truly captures Sarah Martina Parker's style! What a fabulous CASE of it!
Thanks for joining us on CASE study this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty, Jinny! I love how you've used the WPlus9 die & outline stamp with that fabulous sentiment!!

Lynn said...

Oh your card is gorgeous. I adore the sentiment. Love the pics of your little one...so nice to be able to get outside and play!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeee that card! I love love love love the doily, the stitching and that quote! And the photos are JUST ADORABLE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Andrea Ewen said...

Lovely Jinny...in all of it's vintage goodness! Your stitching is fabulous! Love the colors and the delicate, feminine embellishments.
And your daughter is a sweet angel!
Glad to have you play along with us at CASE Study!

Emily Leiphart said...

Jinny, this card is absolutely gorgeous and such a great case of Sarah's card! I love the layers and embossed sentiment. Thanks for sharing pics of your sweet little girl, too!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

You've done a fabulous CASE on Sarah's card, it was on my to do list and now I'm thinking it wont get done...

Jean Martin said...

This is so elegant Jinny! And your daughter is so beautiful!

Sarah Martina said...

Oooh I couldn't wait to click your name when I saw it! This is just precious! I love it... and what a sweetie-pie your little princess is... She has cheeks like my little one, too, lol... sweet! :)