CASE Study #39 & CR84FN28

Monday, May 16, 2011

Well, good evening!  It has been quite the weekend in my neighborhood!  We didn't have much of anything planned, but time just snuck away from us as we quickly filled in the minutes with anything and everything.  The highlight of it all was us officially signing the papers for our bathroom remodel.  I'm counting the days, ya'll!  And my favorite part... I'm getting an insulated, soaker tub!  Woohoo!  My hubby may never see me again.  LOL!  Anyway, I'm feeling droopy tonight and thinking the bed is going to call me long before Castle is over, so I'd better get going with the reason for this post.
I started this card by stamping the pattern image, in Real Red ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhering it in the center of a piece of yellow, patterned paper, which was, in turn, adhered in the center of a piece of red, polka dot, patterned paper.  I then machine stitched, with yellow-threaded, straight and zig-zag stitches, around each edge, before adhering it to the distressed, with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks, Whisper White, cardstock, card face.
A length of white lace was adhered near the base of the stamped piece, before wrapping a length of dyed, with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist, white, seam binding ribbon, vertically, near the right edge of the card face and embellishing it with a fabric-covered button, laced with a white, string bow; a white, flower embellishment; and a red Bella Brad.
The sentiment piece was die-cut from Whisper White cardstock; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and stamped, in Barely Banana ink, with the frame and, in Real Red ink, with the "THANK You" sentiment, before being adhered, with dimensionals, to the top left of the embellished bow.
A red, polka dot, vellum butterfly...
completes the look.
My inspiration for this card came from this beauty, made by Sarah Martina Parker, for CASE Study's Challenge #39...
and Create For Fun's Color Challenge #28.
K, ya'll, I've changed the bed sheets, done all the laundry and put it away, helped Ezekiel through his second to the last day of school, blown blue bubbles and swung with Adina, weeded the garden, made a chicken enchilada dinner, cleaned the kitchen, and helped track down our escape-artist canine a total of five times.  Needless to say, I'm due for a little down time.  Thanks so much for peeking in, and have a fantastic work week!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Season of Thanks, Spring Post, & Brothers & Sisters (Wplus9); Pattern Pieces (SU) Paper: Whisper White & yellow decorative (SU); red polka dot (Crate Paper) Ink: Real Red & Barely Banana (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: yellow thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Big Shot (Sizzix); All Occasion Label die (Wplus9); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); white flower embellishment & string (Maya Road); red Bella Brad (Pink Paislee); red polka dot vellum butterfly (Jenni Bowlin); white lace (Paper Studio); dimensionals (Scotch); leftover fabric; aluminum button & tool (Dritz)

19 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my word, this is incredible! I have been staring at these colors wondering what I will do with them, and here you've gone and used them brilliantly. Such a perfect CASE of Sarah Martina's card, too. Gorgeous!

Joanne Leddy said...

Oh boy - where do I start? Utterly delicious! The papers, the ribbon, a fabric button! Yum! And those flowers are delightful! Don't let me forget about the butterfly too - I love it all! Thanks for sharing!

PapierGirl said...

I absolutely love this Jinny from the stamped pattern to the seam binding ribbon to all the pretty embellies - just perfect! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

I can see how you were inspired by Sarah's design, Jinny, you've done a fabulous job with the CASE! Love those vintage elements and the colors are arranged together perfectly! This is simply beautiful! (like everything you do :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Jinny! I loveeeeeee the colors and the wrinkle ribbon! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Fiona said...

This is so pretty Jinny - love the way you combined the colours in the elements :) Sounds like you had an exhausting day!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

What a pretty card Jinny! Love the fancy bow and the sewing patterned paper! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Debgem said...

Jinny - I think your interpretation of the CASE card is fantastic - you've got so many pretty details on your card. I love the bow and flowers! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

Annemieke said...

Love the card!! The flowers and the butterfly are awesome!
Annemieke

Lindsay said...

Oh I just love this one Jinny! That yellow ribbon is awesome and I love the stamping you did! What a fabulous card!

Sarah Martina said...

Gosh, Jinny, I totally squealed when I saw this! :) SO so pretty! :)

Sue Lelli said...

Jinny, LOVE the pattern image! So many FAB FAB details I almost missed the cute butterfly! LOVE this card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Andrea M said...

Oh Jinny! This is so BEAUTIFUL! I love the gorgeous button on the yellow bow!!! There are just so many fabulous details! Thanks for playing along with us at CR84FN! Hope you'll join us again next week!!!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOWZA!!! You keep amazing me with your creations, this is GORGEOUS!!!

~Tammy~ said...

This is fabulous and these colors were meant for you! YOu make the most beautiful bows! This is a winner! You have also been one busy mommy! Whew! Hope you were able to rest!

lynn said...

oh, jinny, this is so gorgeous! all of the embellishments blend together perfectly:) enjoy that new tub!

Jean Martin said...

Jinny this is super super gorgeous!!!!!! I love all of your embellishments! And am in awe that you made these colors work soooo well! I chickened out when I saw the color combo! hee!

Trinh said...

This is gorgeous, Jinny!

Anabelle said...

This is so amazing!! I absolutely adore it, Jinny!