CR84FN26 & A Winner

Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm back, as promised in my previous, Stuck?! post (So, please be sure to scroll down, if this is your first stop by my blog today.), with a couple of cards and a winner.  Woohoo!
I started this card by distressing the edges of a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; stamping the text in Crumb Cake ink and the flowers in Wild Wasabi, Basic Black, and Barely Banana inks; framing the prepped piece with Barely Banana cardstock; and machine-stitching, around its edges, with gold-threaded, straight stitches.
I, then, trimmed its right side with a punched strip of cork (Check back here for a little more info. on the product used.); wrapped a white seam binding ribbon, vertically, around the piece, between the punched strip and stamped portion; tied it, in a dressy bow, near the top edge of the card face; embellished it with a soft yellow button, laced with a hemp twine bow; and adhered it, with dimensionals, in the top center of the textured, Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, which had its bottom corners rounded.
The "Happy Mother's Day" sentiment was stamped in Perfect Medium, brushed with Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls, and spritzed with water in order to make it permanent.
A row of yellow gemstones and a little, yellow glitter, added to the flowers' centers, complete the look.
But this wasn't my first take.  I created my first card, using this same color combo, along with CARDS' Hand-stitching Challenge in mind.  I wasn't real excited about it, however, and wasn't even going to show it on my blog.  But since it was featured here, on CREATE:, amongst all those other gorgeous, hand-stitched creations, yesterday (Thanks ever so much, Paige!  I just love your challenges and line-ups!), I decided that I'd go ahead and show it, to you all, anyway.  So, I'd love it if you'd leave a comment telling me which one you like best.
I started this card by masking off the butterfly shadows, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock and spritzing the entire thing with Yellow Daisy Glimmer Mist.  I, then, removed my masks; hand-stitched, with gold, embroidery floss, around their edges; adhered it to a piece of Barely Banana cardstock; trimmed it across its bottom edge with a punched strip of gold, heart, patterned paper and a punched strip of Whisper White cardstock; and machine stitched, with gold-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges.  The butterfly was stamped, in Barely Banana ink, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; stamped again in Perfect Medium; brushed with Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls; and adhered, just at its center, in the top, butterfly shadow.  I'm showing the close-up below taken outdoors, so you all can, hopefully, appreciate the shine better.
The kraft, striped ribbon was wrapped around the prepped piece, horizontally, just below center and tied, in a bow, just left of center; before the prepped piece was pierced, through its top left corner, with a trio of gold brads, dressed up with white string, and adhered, with dimensionals, to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
Finally, I white embossed the "hey there" sentiment on a hand-cut, Barely Banana, cardstock tag; punched it with a hole; thread it with a length of hemp twine, tied in a knot; strung the twine through a gold, safety pin; and pinned it through the ribbon bow, to complete the look.
Like I said before, my inspiration for these cards came from Create For Fun's Color Challenge #26.
Finally, and without further ado, the winner of my Hero Arts' fabric flower pin, through random drawing by my kiddos (And yes, there was a bit of bickering as to who was going to draw and who was pulling too hard and who was going to sit where and...  Sigh.), is...
Ruby said...
Ooh la la Jinny, these are absolutely gorgeous!! I just love your inspiring creations, I always leave feeling like I should give something a go and a little bit guilty that I should be scrapbooking my little one's memories like you do!

I'll get it in the mail to you first thing tomorrow, girl!  Congratulations!  And to the rest of you, thank you, again and again, for stopping by!  I hope all you mothers have a truly fabulous, Mother's Day weekend!  Hugs!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: A Special Lady (Wplus9); Both Way Blossoms (SU); La Lettre (Hero Arts) Paper: Whisper White, Barely Banana, & Crumb Cake (SU) Ink: Barely Banana, Wild Wasabi, Crumb Cake, & Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop & Corner punches (SU); yellow button (Paper Studio); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); yellow glitter & gemstones (Doodlebug Designs); Perfect Medium & Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls (Ranger); dimensionals (Scotch); cork (Mega Brands, Inc.)
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Sketch An Event (SU); Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches) Paper: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Barely Banana, & gold heart (SU) Ink: Barely Banana (SU); watermark (VersaMark) Other: gold thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop punch, paper piercing kit, & 3/8" Circle punch (SU); Upper Crest Border punch (Fiskars); dimensionals (Scotch); gold brads & safety pin (Mainstays); white string (Hobby Lobby); kraft striped ribbon (May Arts); gold embroidery floss (DMC); Perfect Gold Perfect Pearls & white embossing powder (Ranger)

11 comments:

lindy said...

Hi Jinny, what a wonderful card and just love the stitching.

Stephanie Kraft said...

These are both wonderful, Jinny! Love the sweet Mother's Day card and the stitching on the second card is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

CONGRATS to Ruby!! I love love love love these cards! GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeee those stitched butterflies! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Congrats to RUBY!!

LOVE both of these cards--I love the one that was featured on CARDS--but I LOOOOOOOOOVE the flowers on the first one! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the centers....but I need you to tell me how you made that bow! I want to make one just like it! GORGEOUS:)

~Tammy~ said...

Ummmm, you just have me speechless! This is AMAZING! Your HAND STITCHING is insane! REALLY! You are OUT OF CONTROL! (In the most talented fun loving best way possible) I love the glittery goodness on the first card! I am a big fan of seam binding, so Love that!

Debgem said...

Both cards are just lovely. I really like the first card with the very pretty flowers and cork detail, and super bow. I also like the second - your hand stitching is brilliant. Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN this week!!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Both of these card are wonderful Jinny! Love the glittered center of the sweet flowers and shimmery butterfly wings! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Gorgeous cards. Love the yellow (my fave) :) And big Congrats to Ruby. :)

Kate said...

What fabulous, fabulous cards! Your stitching is fantastic and such a wonderful addition to your creations!
Congratulations on your highlight at Paperie!

Sue Lelli said...

Jinny, LOVE BOTH of your card! LOVE the FAB bow and cork and glitter on the first one and LOVE the hand stitching on the second one! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Ruby said...

Yay!!! I actually won something!!! Thank you, it's even more beautiful in real life!