Card Patterns Sketch 115 & Pinterest

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Good evening!  I hope you all have had a great day!  I truly do!  Ours has been full, and everyone is exhausted.  So much so, that we put the kiddos to bed a little early.  All that fresh air they've been getting is wearing them thin, but none of us are complaining about beautiful weather, especially when it looks like we've got a stretch of rain heading our direction.  Well, you all didn't come here to listen to me ramble.  How about a card?
I started this card by piecing lots of pink and aqua, patterned papers to a piece of Whisper White cardstock.  I, then, die-cut it out; machine stitched, between the patterned, paper connections, with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches; and backed it with another, Whisper White, cardstock die-cut, just to cover up all the stitching lines, before adhering yet another to one edge to form the back of the card.  The "MOM" sentiment was white-embossed on three, hand-cut, from vellum, pendants, which were then thread with a length of Blossom twine, tied, in bows, at either end, adhered in the top corner of the card face, and embellished with pearls.
Finally, I wrapped a length of white, seam binding ribbon around the bottom of the card face; tied it, in a dressy bow, just left of center; and embellished it with a bright pink, paper rose...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Card Patterns' Sketch 115...
and Laurie's Pinterest Challenge to find some inspiration from Pinterest and make a card.  Well, I found this beauty, and I don't think I even need to explain how I was inspired by it.
Oh, and guess what happened today?  Okay, I'll tell you.  My big kiddo completed 2nd grade!  Woohoo!  I'm so proud of him!  He has grown and learned so much this year, and while it hasn't all been peaches and cream, every day is a new beginning, and we're both super excited for all that next year will bring.  Only first, we're going to enjoy the summer.  LOL!  Well, we just had to make a third grade crown, with my Storybook Cricut cartridge and Wplus9 dies, as well as a little chipboard, gemstones, patterned paper, glitter, and JBS rubons, to celebrate.  Check it out!
Okay, bloggers, I'm off to visiting many of you.  Don't forget that you have a few more hours to link up your takes on The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #81.  Then, we'll be back first thing Thursday with a brand new color story for you all to play with.  Woohoo!  Until then, I wish you all lots of inky time and a wonderful evening!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Woodgrain Silhouettes (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White, pink striped, pink heart, pink zig-zag, aqua cloud, aqua polka dot, & aqua heart (SU); pink design (K&Company); aqua damask & text (BoBunny); aqua weave (DCWV); pink polka dot & vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: watermark (VersaMark) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white seam binding ribbon (Zipper Stop); bright pink paper rose (Taylored Expressions); Blossom twine (The Twinery); pearls (Paper Studio); white embossing powder (Ranger); big Shot (Sizzix); Big Scallop Nestabilities die (Spellbinders)

10 comments:

Laurie said...

Jinny this is fabulous! I love the quilted look and all that stitching! Thank you so much for playing along with my challenge!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the crown!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I love love love that card! I am LOVING the patchwork design and Yayyyyyyyy for the graduate! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Noelle said...

This is so fab! Love the vellum banner and that quilted look:) The crown is so fun, too!

Pauline said...

This is so beautiful, love the patchwork design and your stitching is spot on! Love the vellum banner too, so soft and delicate!

lostinpaper said...

Such a beautiful patchwork card, I am loving your vellum banner though, what a fab idea. I Love it!

Christina said...

I just love this, Jinny! I've been quilting a lot lately and keep thinking I need to make a card "quilted" with patterned paper, and here you've done it so beautifully! Just gorgeous!

Smitha said...

OMG your card is so beautiful!! And coincidently I saw that pic on pinterest yesterday too, and your take on it is just so sweet and awesome!! Hope you win :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog! you always leave such sweet comments for me and make my day :)

Michelle Bertuzzi said...

WOW! Love that quilted pattern. Thanks for playing along with us at Card Patterns.

~amy~ said...

love love love your shaped card...all those glorious colors and patterns! congrats to your 3rd grader!!!!

Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!