PDCC80 - Paper Smooches

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Oh, my gracious!  You all impressed me beyond measure with your takes on last week's color story!  I cannot wait to see what you have up your sleeves for this week!  Without further ado, welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #80!
Our sponsor for this week is Paper Smooches.
So, you all knew that I just had to whip out my stash of scrumptious, Paper Smooches goodies for this one.  Check out my sweet take!
I started this card by trimming the bottom of a piece of red, polka dot, patterned paper with a strip of punched, Whisper White cardstock, which extended over the edges to the width of the card face itself; backing it with a piece of orange, polka dot, patterned paper; machine stitching a double, straight, machine-stitch frame around its edges; and adhering it to the textured, Whisper White, cardstock, card face.  I, then, wrapped a red, gingham ribbon, around the card face, just above the punched, cardstock strip; tied it, in a bow, just left of center; and embellished it with an orange button, laced with Baker's Twine.
The tomato was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; colored with Real Red, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, and Garden Green inks and a blender pen; hand cut out; adhered, with dimensionals, slightly at an angle, in the center of the red, polka dot, patterned paper; and given a little shine with Crystal Effects.  I think you can see that shine best in the final, card photo below.
Finally, the "we must ketchup" sentiment was white embossed in the bottom right corner, just inside the stitched frame...
to complete the look.
So glad that I had a little Paper Smooches, in my stash, to pump our sponsor for this week!  I hope you enjoyed!  Please be sure to stop by The Play Date Cafe link above to check out what the rest of the team has up their sleeves this week, AND help us welcome this week's Guest Designer, none other than the former Go-to Gal for Paper Crafts Magazine and owner of Paper Smooches herself, Kim Hughes.  Her designs and creations are just as sweet as she is, ya'll!  So good to have you, Kim!  Then, you have until next Tuesday, May 10, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your takes on Ruby's warm and wonderful color story.  Thank you, as always, for stopping by my little corner of the web!  I so appreciate you all!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Vegtastic (Paper Smooches) Paper: Whisper White & orange polka dot (SU); red polka dot (KI Memories) Ink: Real Red, Ruby Red, Wild Wasabi, & Garden Green (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Upper Crest Border punch (Fiskars); dimensionals (Scotch); white embossing powder (Ranger); Crystal Effects (SU); gingham ribbon (Hobby Lobby); Baker's Twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies); orange button (Paper Studio)

13 comments:

Fiona said...

great use of the colours Jinny with that quote and the tomato!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Toooooooooooo cute!!! I love love love that tomato and LOVING the sentiment! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Michele Gross said...

Love it Jinny!! Its Vegtastic!! ;D Super cute take on the colors and great job getting Smoochy!:)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love your bright colors with those fabulous Paper Smooches stamps.

~Tammy~ said...

The is way too cute and your coloring is flawless! If veggies were this cute I bet I could get my little one to eat them!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super fun! I love that your background papers are both polka dots!! LOOOOOOOOVE the rich colors of them too! And your tomato!! Super adorable--love how you cut around it about 1/8"! That is super hard for me! I always cut right on the line! Guess that is because when I cut a border it goes from 1/8" to 1/16 and then back to 1/4"! LOL! Beautifully done!!

Lindsay said...

I just love that little 'mater! So so cute and this card is so fun too! That ribbon is just perfect! Love!

Andrea Ewen said...

What an incredibly sweet card, Jinny! The colors are perfect, that little red tomato is adorable and that gingham ribbon is delightful! A super-d-duper creation, my dear!

Noor Nahdi said...

Hi Jinny!!! That tomato is stinkin cute... And your bows are always PERFECT :)
Waiting to see you at FASCINATING FRIDAYS!!!!

Kim Hughes said...

I will try to not go on and on, but I have to mention how much I love...

your coloring
that button treatment
your perfect stitching
that delicious bow
gingham
swoooon (I love your card)

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Must get that stamp. My youngest daughter is such a ketchup fanatic. Love it. :)

Jen Carter said...

This is so cute Jinny!! Love the pop of orange and your great coloring!

Maria said...

What a sweet card! Such a cute tomato with sentiment! Love the gingham ribbon and button! And fantastic sewing on a great card!