PDCC81 - Stampotique (Take 2)

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #81!
Our sponsor for this week is Stampotique.
We were all so blessed to get to choose an image as well as a sentiment stamp from their vast, online store, to play with, for this week.  Talk about a tough decision!  Thanks ever so much, for your generosity, Stampotique!  And here's what I made with my picks.
I started this card by clear embossing the flower images on a piece of watercolor paper; rubbing Dusty Concord Distress Ink onto my craft mat; spritzing it with water; and laying my clear embossed piece, face down, into the inky mess, before setting it aside to dry.
I, then, trimmed a piece of phone book paper with pinking shears; pleated it across the bottom of the watercolor piece; distressed the edges of the embossed piece with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; trimmed the space between the two papers with a strip of green, gingham, patterned paper; and machine stitched, with green-threaded, zig-zag stitches, between the paper connections.
A length of Basic Gray, taffeta ribbon was wrapped, twice, around the center of the patterned paper; tied, in a bow, just right of center; and embellished with a purple button, laced with a hemp twine bow, and a Cricut-cut from Very Vanilla cardstock; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and stamped, in Dusty Concord ink, "Cares melt when you kneel in your garden." sentiment.
Finally, I adhered the entire, prepped piece, with dimensionals, to the Basic Gray, cardstock, card face, to complete look.
Now, it's your turn, ya'll!  You have until next Tuesday, May 17, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your takes.  But before you're off to getting inky, please be sure to check out the challenge link above for prize details, to see all the gorgeous creations from the rest of the team, and to help us welcome this week's Guest Designer, R. Maria Sabina!    LOVE the way this girl LOVES to combine textures and textiles to create truly amazing works of art!  So good to have you, Maria!  And thanks ever so much, to you all, for dropping in!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: flower & sentiment (Stampotique) Paper: Basic Gray & watercolor (SU); green gingham (KI Memories); phonebook Ink: Antique Linen, Tea Dye, & Dusty Concord (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: green thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); pinking sheers (Fiskars); clear embossing powder, Basic Gray taffeta ribbon, & purple button (SU); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); dimensionals (Scotch); George & Basic Shapes Cricut cartridge & Cricut (Provo Craft)

14 comments:

Fiona said...

Such a pretty card Jinny! Love the DI background with flowers :) Love the embellies too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee how you used the phone book! WOW! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lindsay said...

This is one gorgeous card! So lovely and fabulous! That ruffle is so awesome!

Lin said...

I LOVE your card, Jinny - what a fun edging using the pleated phonebook page!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I like the stamps you picked, Jinny! And how you used a phone book to create your fringe. (I used Dusty Concord this week too!)

Kim Ryden said...

Love this color combo!!! It makes me want to go play at nap time today!!

natasha said...

Very cute card! I love the pleated phone book page....I may have to try that!

Andrea Ewen said...

Simply lovely, Jinny! So many beautiful elements on this card...I especially love the ruffled trim at the bottom with the newspaper (phonebook?) print!

Ruby said...

Beautiful Jinny, I just love everything about it! So fresh and modern too! FAB job! :)

Debgem said...

Jinny - this is fabulous - I do like the phone book ribbon - such fun!

Tracey said...

Oh so VERY AMAZING card Jinny!!! LOVE it to bits!!!

Michele Gross said...

How adorable! I love the fringy phone book and the way you used the stamps! You put a lot of creative thought into this and it shows with every element!

Faye said...

Jinny, it is my goal in my art life to be able to come up with something so creative and so beautiful as this card. It is truly amazing. I love that method of getting a background and I do that often. Your phone book ruffle is darling. You go, girl! Outstanding work.

Becky said...

Love, love, love that phone book paper! What a fantastic idea! The between gingham is super cute too, one of my favorites :)