SIT #47 (Take 2)

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Note: If you've come here looking for my PDCC - Stampotique post, please scroll down.

Yea!  It's my first sketch take with Sketches in Thyme, and I had so much fun playing along!  Before I get any further, I simply must take a minute to thank Tiffany for seeing something special in my work and giving me this amazing opportunity!  Thank you!  I'm absolutely thrilled to be here and hope that I can inspire you all to get scrapping!  Without further ado, check out Challenge #47.
And here's my take.
I started this layout by adhering a piece of red, polka dot, patterned paper to the black, decorative, patterned paper; trimming it, across its bottom edge with a text, scallop die-cut; and machine stitching, with black-threaded, zig-zag stitches around all but its top edge and, vertically, about two inches away from its right side.  After adhering my pictures and finishing off their left, outside corners with stamped, in Real Red ink, on Very Vanilla cardstock, and hand-cut, photo corners...
I created my "GIRL'S Night" title using black, alpha stickers; anchored the latter half with messy, black-threaded, straight stitches, tied off, in knots, at either end; and trimmed it, across its bottom, with more of a text, scallop die-cut.
The bottom right corner was dressed with a chipboard flourish, which had been covered in black glitter; a couple of vintage, pattern flowers; a black, polka dot, vellum butterfly; a "treasure" die-cut; and a "TODAY'S DATE IS" label, which was also, etched with the November 15, 2009 date.
Finally, I journaled, in Basic Black ink, in the space below the title and above the embellished corner, When Mom found out that "Church Basement Ladies 2" was @ The New Theatre Restaurant, she rounded up her girls for a return trip and a fun girl's night out...
and tucked the show program and my ticket into the pocket, that I formed, with my stitching, behind the photographs, out of the red, polka dot patterned paper, to complete the look.
Now, it's your turn!  You have the rest of the month to play with this sketch!  Woohoo!  But be sure to get your takes linked up, in the right side bar, over at Sketches in Thyme, before the close of the day on May 31, 2011 to be eligible for the fabulous, prize package from Ready... Set... CROP!, as well as to be considered for one of the elite Top Three.  I cannot wait to see what you all come up with!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Creative Corners (SU) Paper: Very Vanilla (SU); all patterned (Crate Paper) Ink: Basic Black & Real Red (SU) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); large black alphas & text scallop die-cuts (Basic Grey); small black alphas, vellum butterfly, & "TODAY'S DATE IS" label (Jenni Bowlin); treasure die-cut (Crate Paper); chipboard flourish (Best Occasion); black glitter (Doodlebug Design); vintage patterned flowers (Studio Calico)

3 comments:

Shunrai said...

Very nice. I love the corners and the stitching !
Have a nice week end

Janna Werner said...

I think I left a comment on this one but Blogger probably ate it... :) I so like your background paper, the swirl and your clean handwriting, it is really beautiful! Have a great day, Janna

~Tammy~ said...

I love the paper! So elegant and you always have the perfect embellishments!