Sketchy Thursdays, TCR #56, & TPV: Let's Get Messy

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

It's early, and we've got a full day ahead, so I'm going to get right to the layout I have for you all today.
I started this layout by inking through a large, paper doily, three separate times, in Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord, and Barn Door Distress Inks, right onto the textured, Crumb Cake, cardstock, base page.  I, then, splattered everything with Ivory White, acrylic paint and machine stitched, with yellow-threaded, straight stitches, in a circular pattern, over the inking, to create a make-shift, picture frame.  Several strips of patterned papers were then adhered near the bottom right corner of the page...
before creating the "bathing BEAUTIES" title from alpha stickers and yellow, glitter Thickers, as well as anchoring the lot with yellow-threaded, zig-zag, machine stitches.
After adhering pics, I added a yellow, photo corner, just to separate them a bit and a cluster of Pure Poppy buttons, as well as a turquoise tag, the latter of which were laced with white string.
Finally, a series of paper strips; red, sticker label, upon which I journaled, August 20, '09; red, dashed rubon; and lots more, yellow-threaded, zig-zag stitches, complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and The Color Room's Palette #56: {Her Room}...
AND The Paper Variety's Let's Get Messy Challenge.
Okay, I'm off; but before I run, I'm thrilled to tell you all that I was named a ColourQ Courtier for this layout...
and albeit through random integer, this layout made me a Sketches in Thyme Winner!  Woohoo!  Cannot wait to get that prize package, especially, because it seems random integer never picks me!  Thank you ever so much to all the designers who made these recognitions possible!  I'm a blessed girl!
I'll be back, late tonight, with a brand new color story at The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Crumb Cake (SU); yellow floral (Jenni Bowlin); turquoise floral (Me & My Big Ideas); red polka dot (KI Memories); aqua glitter (DCWV); paper doily (Wilton) Ink: Basic Black (SU); Dusty Concord, Barn Door, & Tumbled Glass (Ranger) Other: yellow thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Pure Poppy buttons (PTI); white string (Hobby Lobby); turquoise tag, yellow photo corner, & red sticker label (K&Company); red dashed rubon (Jenni Bowlin); yellow glitter Thickers (American Crafts); brown alphas (My Little Shoebox); Ivory White acrylic paint (FolkaArt)

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS Jinny! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that background design and love love love love the CUTEEEEEEEE photos!! Thanks soooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love this, how do you keep your photos so organized for layouts down the road? Always impressed that you're knocking off pages in no particular chronological order.

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super adorable layout Jinny. Love how you added the tag to the page. Love it. :)

lynn said...

you so rock the scrap page world--every time, jinny! congrats on your wins!

Vera W. Yates (Ling) said...

Jinny, this layout is fabulous! So cute & adorable!!

Diana Fisher said...

Hi Jinny! Another fabulous page! You are making it really tough for us NOT to pick you as a FAVE each week. Love your style, love your work!! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!

corrie said...

Beautiful! I love the inked doily part and really everything else too! Wonderful page.

~Tammy~ said...

Ok, You are so darn clever! I mean you never stop amazing me! I am going to have to try that doily technique, and I will pass on the credit of course! Adorable subjects as always btw! Congrats on all the awards! Yay you! Do the happy dance! Always well deserved! :-)!!!!!!

Theresa said...

this turned out fantastic! thanks for playing along with this weeks challenge at The Paper Variety.

Audrey Yeager said...

Oh I LOVE your inking through the doily! Perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

Shannon said...

LOVE THIS LAYOUT!!!! HOW FUN! :) Thank you for playing along with is at The Paper Variety. :)

mindy gallagher said...

Jinny this turned out super cute! I love it! I never thought of using a doily as a resist like that...*duh to me :D Thanks for playing along with us at TPV & I'm also super excited to be working with you at SIT!!!!!!!!!!

~jan said...

Wow, Jinny-what a fabulous and fun layout! :) I love the dimension you got with the layering of the inks on the doily! And then the stitiching just adds to the wonderfulness of it all! Such sweet photos of the kiddos too. Love that sketch-I might have to try my hand at it! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Variety!

Yara said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! Loved your technique for inking through the doily! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Variety!