Stuck?!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Before I get into anything else today, I just have to send out a BIG thank you, to all of you, for your sweet and encouraging comments, both here and where the announcements were made, regarding all my happy posts, over the last couple of days!  It's an exciting time for me, and I wouldn't be here without all of you, so thank you, thank you, THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart!  Okay, I'm gushing!  LOL!  How about a layout? 
I started this layout by machine stitching, with yellow-threaded, straight stitches, two, black, polka dot circles to the textured, Crumb Cake, cardstock page.  I, then, added lots of polka dot, patterned, paper strips, vertically over the large circle...
and horizontally over the small circle; anchored them with more, yellow-threaded, straight, machine stitches; and dressed up the spaces between the strips with yellow, circular, cardstock die-cuts.
After adhering pictures, I separated them with an orange, photo corner; machine-stitched a yellow, scallop, cardstock die-cut, just to their left; and dressed up the rest of the layout with turquoise, bubble stickers, some of which were adhered with dimensionals, and Rain Dots.  The "SURPRISE!" title is an orange, foil, adhesive transfer gone completely haywire!  So, I rescued it with orange glitter.  I'm telling you, though, for about 30 minutes, I thought I was going to have to scrap this one, folks!
Finally, I journaled, It was a bathtime like any other.  You were both playing so nicely, when something strange floated to the surface.  All it took was a screech from Ezekiel to announce Adina's freshly laid pkg.  Now, here you both are, looking your absolute cutest, with me taking pics, and Daddy doing the dirty work, as well as the October 20, 2009 date, on strips of Very Vanilla cardstock and adhered them with dimensionals.
My inspiration for this layout came from Stuck's May 1st Sketch.
Before I run, I'm super excited to tell you all that this layout was a Sketchy Thursdays Fave!
Thanks so much for stopping by my little corner of the web!  And please be sure to peek back, in just a bit, for my take on Create For Fun's current Color Challenge #26.  Plus, I believe I've got a winner to announce.  Woohoo!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, & all orange polka dot (SU); turquoise polka dot (heidi grace); aqua polka dot (My Mind's Eye) Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: yellow thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); yellow cardstock die-cuts (Bazzill); sticker bubbles (Creative Imaginations); turquoise Rain Dots (Cloud9); dimensionals (Scotch); orange adhesive transfer & orange photo corner (K&Company); orange glitter (Doodlebug Design)

4 comments:

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Enjoy the good times girl! LOL

Love your colorful page...especially the journaling. :)

Dawn said...

This might be my favorite layout ever! I love the deliberate randomness of it. So fun! And the colors are devine.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooooooo CUTE! I love love love the photos and loveeeeeeeeeeee all the circles! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sandi said...

This is simply adorable! Love it!