TPV: School Challenge & Card Patterns Sketch 117

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Note: If you've come here looking for my Wplus9 June Release Sneak Peek: Day 4 post, please scroll down.

Good morning!  I hope that you all had a wonderful, Memorial Day weekend!  Ours was hectic, and not the least bit relaxing, but we'll survive and take our own holiday weekend another time.  I'll have lots of pictures to share, of what we've been up to, before the close of the week.  Anyway, I have a fun, little, teacher card, for you all, today.
I started this card by stamping the right edge of a piece of notebook, patterned paper, in Crumb Cake ink, with the alphabet design...
distressing its edges with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; trimming its left side with a strip of punched, Barely Banana cardstock; and machine stitching, with red-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges and between the two papers with red-threaded, zig-zag stitches, before tucking a red, polka dot ribbon over its top edge and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I, then, stamped the "FROM YOUR TEACHER" sentiment, in Basic Black ink, and the apple heart image, in Real Red, Chocolate Chip, and Garden Green inks, on a piece of die-cut vellum; framed it with a piece of die-cut cork; adhered it in the vertical center of the card face...
and embellished its top center with a large, red, polka dot bow...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from The Paper Variety's School Challenge...
and Card Patterns' Sketch 117.
I'll be back, again, late tonight, with our Wplus9 Design June Release: Group Post.  Until then, have a terrific Tuesday; and thanks, as always, for peeking in!  Oh!  And before I run, I'm uber excited to tell you all that this card made the CARDS Denim Challenge line-up on CREATE:, and this card put me in the Top 3 over at Do You Stack Up?  Woohoo!  Thank you so much to all the creative minds who made said such possible!  I'm so, extremely honored!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Alphabits & Teacher Talk (SU) Paper: Crumb Cake & Barely Banana (SU); vellum (Paper Studio); aqua notebook patterned (Cosmo Cricket) Ink: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, & Basic Black (SU); Tea Dye (Ranger) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); red polka dot ribbon & Spiral punch (SU); cork (MEGA Brands, Inc.); All Occasions Label & Label Layers I dies (Wplus9)

8 comments:

~jan said...

Oh Jinny! What a sweet card. Love all the textures on it! Love the stitching and the stamping. Thanks for sharing it with us at The Paper Variety!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super adorable. Love that cork. :)

mustangkayla said...

What a fantastic card!

patti west said...

hi Jinny, I love how you embossed the cork piece on this adorable card! I {finally} found some cork cs at ACMoore this past week-end. :) Thanks for playing at the Paper Variety!!

AnitaRex said...

Oh Jinny love this! Such a great take on the sketch and I love the heart apple! Love that cork and the velum on top!

whoistracy said...

This is adorable! Love the cork you added, great idea. So glad you could play along with us on Card Patterns this week!

Abby said...

OMGosh.. Such an adorable card! I especially love the stitching! Thanks for joining us at TPV :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

BEAUTIFUL! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee that cork! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)