Weekend Snapshots

Monday, May 9, 2011

I feel completely exhausted this morning, and yet we got so much rest this weekend.  I'm not sure what's going on, but in order to keep up with these kiddos, I think that I need to get to the bottom of it!  Saturday morning, we took the kiddos over to the Learn and Grow Clinic, at Lowe's, to make vases for Mother's Day.
Then, we headed over to our annual, city-wide parade and craft show and of course enjoyed a traditional, Lamars treat, too.  Would you believe that we even watched a police chase from the parade site?  Gracious!  Did that guy really think that he was going to get away with the place swarming with officers?!
By then and after a little lunch, with all this heat we've been having, we were more than ready to settle in for an afternoon nap.  Then, after everyone was feeling refreshed, we got the rest of our vegetable garden completely planted.  Woohoo!  Now, it's just time to weed and feed and watch our veggies grow.  LOVE having a vegetable garden, every year, even if we're still learning what grows well and what doesn't in our area.  The spoils are always well worth the work.

Speaking of gardens, check out these pretty pics of my flower gardens.  They're almost completely filled with annuals, now, but I have put in a few of my favorite perennials, over the last few weeks, too.
And remember that gorgeous planter my parents gave us, for our anniversary, last year?  Well, I think that it likes its new home.  Check out how big it's gotten!
Sunday, after church, we all came home to enjoy a Mother's Day dinner, cooked, on the grill of course, by my hubby.  He even did the clean-up, while I consoled my poor baby girl.  She was just beyond exhausted, and we ended up taking a little snooze together in her bed.  Then, we rounded up the troops to go take advantage of the last day of a sale at Sherwin Williams (I still need to get our new library painted.) and enjoy a little Cold Stone.  Oh!  And on the way home, we saw a raccoon in a nearby neighborhood!  Poor thing must've been starving to come out in broad daylight!
Then, we rounded out the weekend by snuggling in to watch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition as a family.  I didn't get much creative time in, so I've got my work cut out for me this week.  There's lots of fun stuff going on with my DT's and around blogland this week, ya'll!

Well, I'd better go check in on my big kiddo.  He's working on a stack of seatwork.  We're almost done with second grade, and we can all see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Yihoo!  Until tomorrow, have a wonderful start to your work week, ya'll!

6 comments:

Kim Ryden said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We went to Sherwin Williams too! Bought the paint for Noah's room! Now to get it cleared out and ready to paint!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Jinny, what a wonderful weekend! Hope you had a blessed and special Mother's Day! You have a wonderful family! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like a fab weekend!! LOVING the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Sarah said...

looks like you had a great weekend! Your kids are adorable!

Noor Nahdi said...

You must have enjoyed the weekend :) Have a great week ahead!!!!

Amy said...

Looks like a wonderful weekend filled with great activities! Your flowers are beautiful. We haven't made it to the nursery yet to purchase ours. Soon. Very soon!