Weekend Snapshots

Monday, May 23, 2011

Why do the weekends seem to fly by faster and faster?  We were supposed to go to a little campout, with friends, on Friday, but the weather had other plans.  Bummer!  But on Saturday, it dried up for most of the day, and we were able to get lots of yard work done and even began planning for the extension of our patio over that huge muddy space that, much to our avail, we just cannot seem to get grass to grow in.  Since our front driveway isn't the safest place for the kiddos to bounce a ball or ride their bikes, it'll be nice to have a bigger patio, anyway.  We even found time to haul home the supplies.  Now, if the weather will just cooperate, we'll get something done with them.  LOL!
On Sunday, we all got to attend Awana Award Night for Ezekiel.

He has completed all three years of Sparks, including all the books, review books, and additional Psalm 1, 23, and 78, just to keep him busy.  He has much to be proud of, and we are beaming...
even if he wouldn't even sit with me to celebrate with snacks.
Oh, and I just had to sneak this one in of Adina, loving on one of our friends and his daughter, at the festivities.  Super, stinkin' cute!
Then, this morning, Ezekiel had an eye doctor's appointment; and since we were out and about, we made a little trip to Target to pick up a few things, including this uber fun, bubble machine that I've had my eye on for nearly two years.  I should've purchased it long ago, because it was a HUGE hit!  It's going to get a lot of use this summer!
Now, we're settling into another week without Daddy being around and trying to prepare for a visit, from cousins, later this week.  Plus, I've got a release, with Wplus9 Design, to keep on top of and a library to paint.  It's going to be hectic, but I think we're all up for the challenge!  Before I run, I wanted to share a couple more recognitions that occurred over the weekend.  I made the What's Hot list, at Embellish, for this card...
and this one was a Top Pick for Heather Pulvirenti's Totally Hues Color Challenge.  I feel like thank you just isn't enough anymore, ladies, but I don't know how else to express my appreciation.  So, thank you so, so much!  I'm ever so blessed!
Okay, ya'll, thank you, to you too, for stopping by!  I'm hoping to have a layout posted, for a little, Monday, papercrafty inspiration, a bit later today.  So, please come on back!  And have a fantastic week!

3 comments:

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Looks like you all had a great weekend! Congrats to Ezekiel on his award! I wish I had a chance to go to those classes as a kid. Congrats on your features:) You are super amazing! And as for this week being hectic--you can do it!! You will get it all done:)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like an amazing weekend!!! Loveeeeeeeeee the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)):):)

Pam Wendt said...

What fun photos -
and that bubble gadget looks amazing!
Congratulations on your well-deserved kudos - your work is so beautiful! :o)