Card Patterns Sketch 119 & CQC #89

Friday, June 17, 2011

This week has just flown by between an extended, weekend trip to visit my parents; t-ball; Ezekiel spending the night with a friend; and now, Adina and I just got back from the grocery store, while Ezekiel went to visit another friend's last day of Vacation Bible School.  I desperately need a weekend to recover!  TGIF... and a bit of a holiday weekend, with it being Father's Day and all, at that!  In keeping with the spirit of Father's Day, I'd love to show you the card that is, as I type this, making it's way to my Dad.
I started this card by cutting strips of the advertisement, patterned paper; rounding their corners; adhering them, side by side, to a piece of Bravo Burgundy cardstock; machine stitching, around their edges, with gray-blue-threaded, straight stitches; and adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
I then adhered a strip of gray, ledger, patterned paper, horizontally, just above horizontal center; machine stitched, with gray-blue-threaded, zig-zag stitches, along its top and bottom edges; and embellished it with a length of hemp twine, wrapped around the card face three times and tied, in a double bow, near the left edge of the card face.
The toolbox image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a circle of Whisper White cardstock; colored in with Bordering Blue, Cajun Craze, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Gray, and Crumb Cake inks and a blender pen; distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; and adhered, with dimensionals, in the center of a slightly larger, Bordering Blue, cardstock circle, before finally being adhered, with dimensionals, near the center of the gray, ledger, patterned paper.
Finally, I stamped the "dad" sentiment, in Basic Gray ink, on a circle of Whisper White cardstock; nestled it into a Cajun-colored, on the backside (Unfortunately, it's difficult to tell in these photos, but it matches those screwdriver handles perfectly.), bottle cap; and adhered it, with dimensionals, to the bottom right of the toolbox image...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Card Patterns' Sketch 119...
and ColourQ's Challenge #89.
That's all, for today, folks!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  I so appreciate your visits and soooo need to get around to checking on all of you!  I feel as though I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off lately and just haven't gotten to visit as much as I'd like to.  Ugh!  I'm so sorry!  Oh!  And remember, yesterday, in my SIT #50 post, how I said that I thought maybe there were too many Exclusive Mercantile Papers in my June, Jenni Bowlin kit?  Well, there were.  They were a gift to all of us kit club members!  Woohoo!  LOVE free and unexpected gifts!  So glad that I get to play and have fun with them!  Have a wonderful weekend, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: toolbox & sentiment (Lizzie Anne Designs) Paper: Crumb Cake, Bordering Blue, & Bravo Burgundy (SU); gray ledger & advertisement (Jenni Bowlin) Ink: Crumb Cake, Bordering Blue, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Gray, & Cajun Craze (SU); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger); Jet Black (StazOn) Other: gray-blue thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Corner punch (SU); dimensionals (Scotch); circle template (Fiskars); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); Cajun bottlecap (Jenni Bowlin)

15 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

What a wonderful card dearie!!!! tfs!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fabulous!

Chunyuan said...

Love this card. Great take on the sketch.

Becky Dunham said...

absolutely stunning! I love everything about it. going to have to get me some of that background advertisement paper - I LOVE THAT!

Tracey said...

Oh Jinny this is soooo FABulous girl!!!

Anita S. said...

Such a pretty card and I love all the details Jenny. Thanks for playing along with us at CQC this week.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that card!! LOVING the background paper and the tool set! :):):):):):):):):)

Pam Wendt said...

Oh Jinny, this is such a lovely card! The colors, the details, everything about it is so perfect together. I love how you work stitchery so beautifully into your card crafting. :o)

Vanessa said...

Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Jaclyn Miller said...

Don't you just love that toolkit stamp. It looks great in these colors and I like how you used that antique ad in the background. Don't worry, I've been terrible about getting around to everyone too.

Patrice said...

great takes on the challenges!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH, Jinny!! I have missed stopping by! This is a super cute masculine card--love the details! Even on a masculine card--sooooooo FAB!! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Sylvia Nelson said...

Super cute card, Jinny! Love all of it. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

Karin said...

Jinny what a wonderful card! Love the bottle cap. The color palette is gorgeous!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your lovely comments

Hugs!

Lili said...

Love the card, the details, congrats!