CR84FN32 & Card Patterns Sketch 121

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What a week of catching up it is becoming!  I got all the laundry done yesterday, but this month has had me running, from here to there and everywhere, to the point that I'm still attempting to get caught up on the cleaning and baking and gardening and whatnot.  I'm making headway but also beginning to think that maybe it just isn't possible and that I should just cut my losses and start from scratch.  I guess only time will tell.  I do have a little, papercrafty inspiration, for you all, today, though, which proves that things can't possibly be all bad :).  Woohoo! 
I started this card by machine stitching, with white-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of a piece of aqua, text, patterned paper and adhering it in the top center of the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks.
I then white embossed the "CONGRATULATIONS" sentiment in the bottom center of the card face...
and adhered a white, paper doily in its horizontal center, before adding a strip of yellow, floral, patterned paper, which was anchored with white-threaded, zig-zag stitches, as well as a length of Caribbean Twine, which was wrapped around the card face three times and tied, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face.
The baby image was stamped, in Jet Black ink, on a circle of Whisper White cardstock, which had been distressed with Tea Dye and Antique Linen inks; colored in with Old Olive, Sage Shadow, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Blush Blossom, & Pretty in Pink inks and a blender pen; glittered; and adhered, with dimensionals, in the center of a green polka dot and aqua, scallop die-cut, which, in turn, was adhered, with dimensionals, in the center of the doily and dressed up with clear gemstones...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Create For Fun's Color Challenge #32...
and Card Patterns' Sketch 121.
Before I run start making dinner, I'm uber thrilled to share that this layout earned me the coveted title of ColourQ Courtier.  Woohoo!  Just love playing with these Stampin' Up color stories, and this had to be one of my all-time faves!  Thank you so much to Arielle and her talented crew of designers for said such!
Oh!  And look what arrived in the mail, just before we left on our trip.  Eeeek!  I won this prize package from The Paper Variety and cannot tell you all how excited I am to dive into these Crate Paper goodies!  It's so very rare that I win a prize package and then to have it actually arrive in my mailbox is almost a miracle.  LOL!  Thank you, TPV!
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Please don't forget that you have until the close of tonight EST to link up your takes on Challenge #87 over at The Play Date Cafe.  Oh!  And I'd absolutely LOVE to have you all join in on my Guest Designing week, for Challenge #25, over at Do You Stack Up?  You have until 2 pm MST, tomorrow, to link up your mauve, mustard, and pink entries.  Thanks again, ya'll!  Have a great one!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Baby Firsts (SU); Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches) Paper: Crumb Cake & Whisper White (SU); aqua text (BoBunny); yellow floral (Jenni Bowlin); white doily (Wilton) Ink: Old Olive, Sage Shadow, Daffodil Delight, Blush Blossom, & Pretty in Pink (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark); Tea Dye & Antique Linen (Ranger) Other: white thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white embossing power (Ranger); Caribbean Twine (The Twinery); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); green polka dot & aqua scallop die-cut (My Little Shoebox); dimensionals (Scotch); clear gemstones (Paper Studio); circle template (Fiskars)

11 comments:

Lisa said...

What an adoraable card, the little baby is just too cute!!!

Amy Kolling said...

You always do such a fab job with your stitching! I love that little bit of something! Sweet card!

dahlhousedesigns said...

Ack, this is too cute!

lisa a.

Lynn said...

Love every last detail about this card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee that card!! LOVING the stamped image and love love love the doily! AND CONGRATS on that prize! I loveeeeeeeeeee CRATE! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Lindsay said...

Such a cute baby card Jinny! I love the colors and that image! Congrats on your win, delicious prize!! Thank you for playing with us at Card Patterns, always love your take on the sketch!

Diana Fisher said...

Fabulous card, and I love the colors! Great font on that sentiment, too. :)

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Adorable card Jinny! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Pam Wendt said...

For some reason I'm not getting a lot of the photos on Blogger right now, but the pic of your DARLING baby card is showing up for me! And what an adorable card it is - the papers, doily, twine, rhinestones, and the way you've colored the baby, and you always do such a lovely job of incorporating stitching into your projects. (Plus I love how you give such great descriptions of your techniques and process - thank you!) :o)

Meg said...

So cute! I love all the fun layers, twine, and stitching you added! Looks like an awesome prize pack, too--I'm jealous!

Debgem said...

Super cute baby card - just love that image! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!