Embellish Background Stamping Color Trends Challenge

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What a beautiful day it is turning out to be!  The weather has taken a turn for the cooler side, and I couldn't be more thrilled!  But boy, am I exhausted!  All this cooler weather was preceded by lots of nighttime storms, and between the rolling thunder and flashing lightning and my scaredy cat dogs shivering and shaking with fright, I haven't been getting much sleep.  Ugh!  Regardless, I have, yet another, masculine card, for you all, today.  There have been lots of reasons for guy cards, between Father's Day and summer birthdays, around my neck of the woods, lately, and they always challenge me to cut out and simplify.  So, anyway, check it out!
I started this card by inking up my craft mat with Tumbled Glass and Faded Jeans Distress Inks, spritzing it with water, and laying a piece of watercolor paper right into the inky mess.  Once it was dry, I stamped the starry background, in Faded Jeans ink, over the gorgeous, watercolor effect and the starry, splotch, which served as the foundation for my partial, black embossed, "Awesome" sentiment, near the bottom center of the prepped piece, in White ink.  I then machine stitched, with black-threaded, straight stitches, a double frame around its edges, before adhering it to the Crumb Cake, cardstock, card face.
The completed, "hope your day is" sentiment was stamped, in Garden Green ink, on a piece of hand-cut, Whisper White cardstock; anchored with dimensionals; and thread with a length of hemp twine, which was, in turn, wrapped around the card face; tied, in a double bow, to the left of the sentiment; and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with a white, string bow...
to complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Background Stamping Color Trends Challenge.
Before I run, I'm uber thrilled to share that this card not only made me a ColourQ Courtier...
but also can be found amongst the Super Six over at Card Patterns.  Thank you so much to all the designers who made said such possible!  My cup runneth over!
And thank you, to you all, for stopping by!  Don't forget that you have until the close of tonight EST to link up your takes on the current Challenge #86 at The Play Date Cafe.  Then, I'll be back, late tomorrow, with a brand new, scrumptious color story to try your hand at.  Until then, have a terrific Tuesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: So 80's (Wplus9); Starry Background (Stamper's Best) Paper: Crumb Cake, Whisper White, & watercolor (SU) Ink: Garden Green & White (SU); Faded Jeans & Tumbled Glass (Ranger); watermark (VersaMark) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); dimensionals (Scotch); hemp twine & white string (Hobby Lobby); black embossing powder (SU); Pure Poppy button (PTI)

8 comments:

Elise said...

YEAHOOOOO, girl! Huge congrats on the nod from Card Patterns! You are the ROCKIN' ROLLIEST! Second - YOU! You are your completely and totally talented stampy self have created some earth shattering goodness, here in the clouds of your lovely blog - WHAT an unbelievably gorgoeus piece of card craft! Thanks for the TERRIFIC inspiration - you are da-woman! xo!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that star background and the colors! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

AnitaRex said...

Wow Jinny what a great masculine card!!!!! I love the white part on the sentiment! :> So cool!!!

lostinpaper said...

This card is 'awesome'! I LoVe how you have used the inspiration colours (I thought they were a little difficult), your blue background totally pops!! You make it look so easy!
Congrats on your well deserved wins!!

pink latte said...

Your background just amazing!))))

Lindsay said...

Jinny, this card is totally AWESOME! I love that technique with the distress inks and you have made it shine!

Marianne Vik Design said...

This card was beautiful. Awesome :o) Thank you for a peek in too your bloglife. Have a nice day.

Mariana Grigsby said...

Awesome card, Jinny! I love the double stitching! Thanks for playing along with us!