Embellish Text Color Trends Challenge

Friday, June 3, 2011

Good afternoon!  I promised you all, in my previous, picture-laden, Makin' Memories post, that I'd be back with my take on one of my favorite challenges; and I'm here, now, to deliver.  Check this out!
I started this card by trimming the bottom of a piece of black, polka dot, text, patterned paper with a strip of gray, grid, patterned paper; embellishing the space between them with a pleated strip of phonebook paper; framing it all with a piece of Baja Breeze cardstock; and machine stitching, with aqua-threaded, straight stitches, around the edges of the patterned paper piece and, with aqua-threaded, messy stitches, tied off, at either end, to the front of the card face, through the center of the pleated, phonebook paper, before adhering the entire prepped piece to the Bordering Blue, cardstock, card face.
The "Happy Father's Day" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, in the bottom, right corner of the card face...
and a trio of wood buttons, laced with blue Baker's Twine...
completes the look.
My inspiration for this card came from Embellish's Text Color Trends Challenge.
Thanks so much for stopping by, ya'll!  And have a fantastic weekend!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Woodgrain Silhouettes (Wplus9) Paper: Bordering Blue & Baja Breeze (SU); gray grid (Jenni Bowlin); black polka dot text (My Mind's Eye); phonebook Ink: Basic Black (SU) Other: aqua thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); wood buttons (Maya Road); blue Baker's Twine (AR Designs)

11 comments:

Fiona said...

love this Jinny - great tone on tone :)

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

What a great use of the phone book!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I love love love this! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the phone book pieces and LOVING the buttons! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Amazing creation!

Sarah Martina said...

How fun! What a neat idea to stitch over the strips of paper! So glad you joined us for the Embellish Color Trends Challenge, Jinny! :)

Andrea Ewen said...

What a fabulous "guy" card...and how creative with the phone book accent! We all have plenty of those pages hanging around! You've done an awesome job with the colors and your stitch work is just incredible!

Ribbon Girls said...

Great card! I love the little detail of the tied off stitching!

Ruby said...

Love this Jinny, I always love reading your instructions too :) I'm hopeless at man cards lol

Annemieke said...

Very cool! Love the use of phonebook paper!
Annemieke

Lea L. said...

This is fabulous, Jinny! I love the pleated text paper, and the stitching is such a great touch!! It is very cool that you used phone book paper on this!! Great job with those colors!!

Cristina said...

Ooooh, girl! This is awesome. And phone book paper! Love! Thanks for joining us at Embellish!