PDCC84 - Mark's Finest Papers

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Before I get any further, I just have to send out a HUGE thank you, to you all, for all the sweet comments you left, for me, in last week's challenge post.  I treasured every last one and so wanted to get around, to each and every one of you, to leave a personal thank you on your blogs; but with having two extra kiddos, staying with us this week, on top of everything else, my Mommy/childcare duties were kicked into high gear and my creating/blogging opportunities forced into the background.  Please know that they all meant so much to me!  And I'm sending HUGE, cyber hugs your way!  With that said, welcome to The Play Date Cafe's Challenge #84!
Our sponsor for this week is Mark's Finest Papers.
I was completely smitten with Ruby's color story above but had the hardest time finding just the right papers, inks, embellishments, or really anything, for that matter, in those scrumptious, rich, jewel-tone colors.  They had me stumped, but I didn't give up and pursued to this end.
I started this card by adhering a strip of punched, stripe, green, patterned paper, vertically, near the right side of a piece of burgundy, floral, patterned paper; stamped, in Bravo Burgundy ink, the lacy edge, horizontally, just to the left of the punched strip; machine stitched, with ivory-threaded, straight stitches, around the entire thing's outside edges and, with ivory-threaded, straight stitches, between the stamped lace and punched, patterned, paper strip; and adhered the prepped piece to the Bravo Burgundy, cardstock, card face.
I, then, adhered a strip of an amethyst, stripe, patterned paper, horizontally, just below center; dress up its bottom edge with a length of green lace; machine stitched, with ivory-threaded, zig-zag stitches between the two; and embellished it above with a length of twill tape, wrapped around the card face and tied, in a bow, near the right edge of the card face.  The bow was further dressed with an amethyst button, laced with hemp twine bows; a paper flower; a crystal flourish...
and a hand-cut, "be amazing.", die-cut, sentiment banner...
to complete the look.
LOVE to see what you all come up with for this challenge!  I know that you'll make me wonder whatever had me stumped in the first place!  You have until Tuesday, June 7, 2011, at 11:59 pm EST, to link up your entries.  Please be sure to stop by the challenge link above for further inspiration from the rest of this amazing team and to check out all the prize details.  And thanks so much, again and again, for stopping by!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Mehndi Medallions (Wplus9) Paper: Bravo Burgundy (SU); burgundy floral (My Mind's Eye); green stripe (BoBunny); amethyst stripe (American Crafts) Ink: Bravo Burgundy (SU) Other: ivory thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); green lace (American Crafts); crystal flourish (Zva Creative); twill tape (SU); amethyst button (DeNami); hemp twine (Hobby Lobby); die-cut sentiment (Pink Paislee); paper flower (BoBunny)

13 comments:

Fiona said...

So vintage-y and delightful Jinny!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooo BEAUTIFUL!! I always loveeeeeeee your stitching! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Debgem said...

It's beautifully vintage - I adore the backing paper. lace, flourish and flower! Fab!

Libby Hickson said...

Love how your card turned out, Jinny - so beautiful!! All of the details are wonderful.

Amy Kolling said...

Love all your close up photos of the details. Such a beauty of a card! I love what you do with this type of card!

AnitaRex said...

That paper looks so much like fabric! Love this card Jinny so pretty and you rocked those colors!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Super beautiful colors. Love that lace trim. :)

kelly said...

oooohhh, so many gorgeous details I don't know where to start, love the stitch, and the twine over the top of the ribbon with the button looks, fab! Rhinestone swirls AMAZING!!!!
Kelly xx

Annemieke said...

Gorgeous card!!! Love the colors and the papers you've used. The flower, ribbon and titel are great!
Have a great weekend! Annemieke

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Jinny, thanks for leaving so many comments over at my blog today! That was nice of you. :) I see you had trouble with this week's colors too. I really just struggled, but hey, I did what I could! Yours looks beautiful as always, my friend. That green crochet trim is perfect!

Marlena M. said...

I was stumped, until I found just the right button. ;)
Gorgeous and a work of art. Can't believe you sewed that... you definitely know your way around a sewing machine. ;)

Andrea Ewen said...

What a gorgeous vintage beauty! I love your interpretation of the colors, I like to go for muted shades as well. The stitiching on this card is amazing and all of you accents blend perfectly! Simply fabulous!

Ruby said...

I think your cards are amazing! Absolutely gorgeous Jinny, you did a fantastic job with the colours! Totally FAB!