Sketchy Thursdays & TCR #63

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Good afternoon!  It's another gorgeous day in our neck of the woods, and I'm thrilled, because I got some house cleaning done, a healthy start on my son's birthday party invitations, and the kitchen cleaned and still have time leftover to bring you all a layout.  Woohoo!  Check it out!
I started this page by adhering, haphazardly, a variety of patterned paper strips, one horizontally and the rest vertically, to the grungy, ledger, patterned, paper base.  I then anchored everything, down either of their long sides, with gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches and machine stitched a large, gray-threaded, straight-stitch circle, in the bottom right corner of the layout, over everything.
After adhering pictures of my sweet, baby boy, playing with Grandpa and Grandma's kittens (Gracious!  I cannot believe how much he's grown!  I think these are the oldest pictures of him that have yet to be scrapped.  Sigh.), I created the title base from a notebook, die-cut scallop; a blue, vintage, journaling card; and a red, "July", calendar card, upon which I circled the 26 in Basic Gray ink.  The "friends 4 LIFE" title itself is made from yellow, die-cut letters; a gray, polka dot number, which was highlighted by a punched, Real Red, cardstock heart; and blue alphas, which were anchored with messy, gray-threaded, straight, machine stitches.  A hand-cut, "be kind.", die-cut banner, anchored by a gray, embellished, vellum butterfly...
pennants, made from patterned paper, as well as a "make life fun" die-cut, circles cut in half and die-cut banners, anchored with gray-threaded, messy, straight, machine stitches...
and a mustard, "WHERE", mini label, upon which I journaled Emporia, KS in Basic Gray ink, complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from the current sketch over at Sketchy Thursdays...
The Color Room's Palette #63: {Family Room}...
and this gorgeous layout by Audrey Yeager.  I had my pictures and papers all in place but was looking for a finishing touch, when I came across her almost complete exact design in my inspiration file.  Maybe all that perusing through her lovely blog has been rubbing off on me a bit; or maybe it was all the fantastic inspiration, from the rest of her teamies, over at Sketchy Thursdays; or maybe it's just similar design styles, because you all know that getting around to everyone's blogs, this summer, has been a challenge for me.  LOL!  Anyway, I just knew that I had to scraplift those sweet banners!  Yummy!  Thanks for the inspiration, Audrey!

Now, I just need to get outside and enjoy this weather :).  Please be sure to peek back in, late tonight, for the reveal of Challenge #87 at The Play Date Cafe.  Then, I have a little, Guest Designing gig, as well as my take on Sketches in Thyme's Open Challenge, coming your way, tomorrow.  Lots of fun stuff, and I hope you'll all come on back to check it out!  Thanks so much for stopping by!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Paper: Real Red (SU); grungy ledger (lily bee design); red & blue advertisement, red advertisement, & blue ledger (Jenni Bowlin); blue polka dot (My Mind's Eye); red star burst (Cosmo Cricket); mustard gingham & red polka dot (KI Memories); mustard grid & multi-colored stripe (October Afternoon); red funky floral (Crate Paper) Ink: Basic Gray (SU) Other: gray thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Pile It On die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); circle template (Fiskars); heart punch (EK Success); blue journaling card, gray vellum butterfly, & red calendar card (Jenni Bowlin); mustard "WHERE" mini label (7 Gypsies); "be kind." die-cut (Pink Paislee); yellow die-cut letters & "make life fun" die-cut (SU); notebook die-cut scallop & blue alphas (Basic Gray); gray polka dot number (Doodlebug Design)

3 comments:

Kayla W said...

Love, love, love the colors and all the embellies you have going on! Beautiful!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeeeee this Jinny! I love love love the papers you used and that STITCHING! Thanks sooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

This page is so fun! I love all of the fabulous little extras all over the page, tucked into the corners. Love it! :)