Sketchy Thursdays & CCG195

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Well, good afternoon, ya'll!  I sure hope that it's cooler where you are than where I am.  Gracious!  It's only June, and we've hit the 100 degree mark several times already.  I hate to see what's in store, for us, for August.  Ugh!  On that note, here's a few pics of my kiddos enjoying the summer sun, last June, regardless of the heat.
I started this layout by adhering the red, star burst, patterned paper, slightly at an angle, to the blue, cloud, patterned paper and machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges.  I, then, did the same for a piece of green, graphic, patterned paper, which was adhered, horizontally, at the same angle as and over the previous piece and trimmed it, down its right side, with a green, chevron stripe scallop, which was also anchored with black-threaded, straight, machine stitches.
Just before my pictures were positioned, I machine stitched, with more, black-threaded, straight stitches, a transparency circle, near the bottom left corner where the patterned papers meet and used it as the foundation for my Whisper White, cardstock, journaling strips, which were adhered with dimensionals and read, We just LOVE lazy summer days, playing games with Grandpa and soaking up the warm sunshine.
The "flying higH On SUmMer fun" title was created from blue, foam, glitter Thickers and black, green (which were also anchored with black-threaded, straight, messy, machine stitches, tied off in knots at either end), and green checkered alphas.
A June 13, 2010, date sticker...
sweet, little, die-cut, from a red, polka dot, patterned paper, pennant, adhered with dimensionals and attached to a black-tipped, stick pin...
and trio of stamped, in Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Garden Green, and Basic Black inks, on Whisper White cardstock, hot air balloons, which were hand cut out and adhered with stacked dimensionals, complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and Color Combos Galore's Inspiration Board #195.
Before I run, I'm uber thrilled to tell you all that I was named a ColourQ Courtier for this layout.  Thank you, again and again, to Arielle and her talented crew!  It had been awhile since I played in this challenge, but believe me, it wasn't for lack of inspiration.  It totally and completely resulted from a shortage of time.  Boy, the summer sure has me running!
Speaking of, I need to pull a couple of loaves of bread out of the oven; but I hope to see you all back here, tonight, for the reveal of The Play Date Cafe's newest color story!  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, and try to stay cool!  Hugs!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: hot air balloon (Lizzie Anne Designs) Paper: cloud patterned (Frances Meyer); red star burst (Cosmo Cricket); green graphic (Sassfras); red polka dot (KI Memories); clear (PTI) Ink: Real Red, Brilliant Blue, Garden Green, & Basic Black (SU) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Pile It On die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); circle template (Fiskars); blue glitter Thickers (American Crafts); black & green alphas (Jenni Bowlin); green checkered alphas & green chevron stripe scallop (Sassafras); dimensionals (Scotch); date sticker label (K&Company); black stick pin (craft supply)

8 comments:

Kristy @ Next to Heaven said...

I am loving this! and how cute is that watermelon bathing suit! Lovely Work!

Janna Werner said...

I love the paper, and the colours! So fun and sweet!

Lisa Smith said...

Love how you titled your layout! It's great! Here is my take on the sketch, Papa and me! Have a great week!

Patrice said...

Fabulous layout - I love the tilt!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos, the balloons and loving the cloud background! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):)

jennyevans said...

I really love this layout! Love the colors! I wanted to play along at ccg this week, but didnt have time :( Great job!! Great inspiration!!

Audrey Yeager said...

I love how you angled everything! This is a great page! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketchy Thursdays!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Congrats on your mention at Sk. Thursdays for this LO, Jinny! It sure has an 'air' of fun about it (pun intended!). :)