Sketchy Thursdays & CQC #87

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We just got back from a long trip to the park.  Now, the kiddos are finishing a morning movie in the cool air conditioning, and that gives me a moment to bring you all this.
I started this layout by adhering a torn, across its top edge, piece of bright pink, floral, patterned paper to the bright yellow, cardstock, base page; trimmed it, below, with a punched strip of orange, polka dot, patterned paper, as well as a brown, damask, patterned paper; and softened portions of their connections with a yellow, lacy, die-cut scallop which had been cut in half.
After adhering a brown, striped, patterned, paper piece, just inside the top right corner of the base page, I ran a bright-pink-threaded, straight, machine stitch around its edges, as well as around the edges of the entire page and across the length of the top of the brown, damask, patterned paper.  Once my pictures were positioned, I tucked a yellow and brown, damask, journaling card under their bottom left edges and used it as the foundation for the "my BROWN eyed GIRL" title, which was created from orange alphas, which were also anchored with messy, bright-pink-threaded, straight, machine stitches, tied together at either end; wood letters; and Sprinkle Glaze stickers.
My butterflies were stamped, in Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie, and Melon Mambo inks, on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; and anchored, just at their centers, with messy, bright-pink-threaded, machine stitches.
A bright pink, photo corner; yellow, die-cut "FUN FINDS" tab; smattering of yellow gemstones...
yellow, die-cut sticker, upon which I journaled, in Soft Suede ink, Emporia, KS  June 12, 2010, and a couple of punched, Whisper White, cardstock clouds, one of which was adhered with dimensionals, complete the look.
My inspiration for this layout came from Sketchy Thursdays' current sketch...
and ColourQ's Challenge #87.
Okay, ya'll, I'm off to make lunch; but I'll be back, tonight, with a brand new color story from The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday!  Oh!  And if you get a chance, run check out this fabulous, prize package I won, from The Paper Variety, albeit through random integer, for this card!  Woohoo!  How stinkin' exciting for me!  Thank you so much for always bringing such fantastic challenges and even more amazing inspiration from week to week, ladies!
{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Flora & Fauna I (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White, bright pink floral, & orange polka dot (SU); yellow (Bazzill); brown striped (My Mind's Eye); brown damask (BoBunny) Ink: Soft Suede, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, & Pumpkin Pie (SU) Other: pink thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Scallop punch (SU); Cloud punch (Fiskars); yellow lacy scallop & bright pink photo corner (Sassafras); yellow & brown damask journaling card (American Crafts); yellow die-cut sticker (Studio Calico); yellow "FUN FINDS" tab (October Afternoon); dimensionals (Scotch); orange mini & Sprinkle Glaze alphas (My Little Shoebox); wood alphas (Pink Paislee); yellow gemstones (Doodlebug Designs)

13 comments:

Diana Fisher said...

Fabulous page! I love the color challenge, too. Love those butterflies and the title like that. Love it all! Thanks for playing with ST!! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!!!

Angi @ CokiePop said...

Adorable butterflies and colors. :)

* Vanessa * said...

Jinny, this is soooo beautiful!! I just LOVED the colors, and all the details... wow.... I HAVE to get one of this cloud punches, they are all sold out here in Brazil....
Lots of kisses!!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Love the frame and congrats on those goodies, lucky!

Debbie Carriere said...

This is a gorgeous layout!!! I so need to get back to scrapbooking :) Thanks for the inspiration. Your daughter is a cutie-patootie!! I have a two year old girl as we;;, & two boys - age 3 & 6 :) Have a good one!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

OMYGOSH!! Tooooooooooo cute! I loveeeeeeee those photos, the colors and that paper tearing! Thanks sooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):)

corrie said...

Another gorgeous page Jinny! I love it! Thanks for playing with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

Jinny, you're layouts are the bomb! Let me know if your ever want a job @ the colourQ! [I have to warn you, though, there's no actual pay associated with the job...] Thanks so much for playing at the colourQ!!!

monica said...

Love this...the colors are great! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays this week.

Debgem said...

What a beautiful layout! I really do like the details on your page - and the gorgeous photos too!

I really must do more scrapbooking!

Sylvia Nelson said...

Such a beautiful layout, Jinny! and the model is gorgeous! thanks for joining us at the colourQ again theis week.

Anita S. said...

wonderful LO - so happy to see another scrapper join us at ColourQ.