Stuck?! June 1st Sketch & TCR #64

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

So, my plans for today fell through; my kiddos have been at each other's throats; the heat has set in; and I have another case of poison ivy.  Needless to say, being outdoors just irritates the latter beyond what I need right now.  And on top of all that, my littlest has learned a couple of very bad words... "mine" and "why".  Ugh!  I hate to say it, but I think that I'm ready for school to start back up again.  Despite the frustrations of my present-day life, I do have a layout of my baby girl, back when she was still sweet and innocent :), for you all, today.
I started this layout by splatter-painting the block, patterned, paper base with Apple Red, acrylic paint; adhering a large, light blue, polka dot, patterned, paper circle in its top center; and machine stitching, with red-threaded, straight stitches, around the patterned, paper circle's edges.  After positioning pictures, I added a large, light blue, polka dot, photo corner...
as well as a quilted tab, which I journaled on, in Basic Black ink, Oct. - Dec. '09 precious baby of mine, just to round off the photo grouping.
Yellow, floral, patterned, paper, die-cut pennants, anchored, at either end, with Baker's Twine bows...
a "sweet dreams" sticker title, dressed up with a yellow ribbon, tied, in a bow, around a paper clip; and a red, vellum, embellished butterfly, prep the layout for stamping.
The flower images were inked in Pretty in Pink ink and rocked in Real Red ink, before being stamped on Whisper White cardstock; hand cut out; glittered; adhered, some with dimensionals, around both the title and the banner; and embellished with stamped, in Bashful Blue and Wild Wasabi inks, on Whisper White cardstock, and hand-cut leaves.
Finally, I anchored the journaling tab, as well as a red, polka dot, patterned, paper strip, which had been adhered, haphazardly, across the bottom of the layout, with red-threaded, straight, machine stitches and threw in one more flower, prepared in the same way as above, for good measure.
My inspiration for this layout came from Stuck?!'s June 1st Sketch...
and The Color Room's Palette #64: {Her Room}.
And before I run do a little more party planning for my son's birthday, I just had to leave you all with an inspirational reminder of our upcoming, Independence Day holiday.  I'm so, extremely, blessed and proud to live in the United States of America!
Thanks so much for peeking in!  And just a reminder... you have until the end of today to link up those entries, for Challenge #49, Challenge #50, and/or to show us your take on your own sketch, over at the newly-renovated Sketches in Thyme Blog.  It's looking fabulous, Vanessa!  Oh!  And I'll be back, late tonight, with a brand new, fun and funky color story from The Play Date Cafe.  Until then, have a wonderful Wednesday, ya'll!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Ever After (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White (SU); block (Sassafras); light blue polka dot (Pebbles Inc.); red polka dot & yellow floral (Crate Paper) Ink: Basic Black, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, Bashful Blue, & Wild Wasabi (SU) Other: red thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); Pile It On die (Wplus9); Big Shot (Sizzix); Baker's Twine (Country Clean Paper Supplies); paper clip (office supply store); yellow ribbon (unknown); Dazzling Diamonds (SU); dimensionals (Scotch); light blue polka dot photo corner & quilted tab (daisyd's); "sweet dreams" sticker title (C.R. Gibson); red vellum butterfly (Jenni Bowlin); Apple Red acrylic paint (FolkArt)

6 comments:

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Thank you for your honest words, just posted a shout out to you on my card for the day :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this layout Miss Jinny!!! I'm sorry you are having a bad day....I hope it gets better soon!!

Patrice said...

Those pictures are so precious!

Lynn said...

Oh Jinny I hope your poison ivy goes away quickly. Must be something in the air with the little ones....read my post for today :). I adore your layout...so many fabulous details but I would expect nothing less from you!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

They do sometimes get under that skin, don't they?? Hope it all gets better soon! I loveeeeeeeeee the lo! I loveeeeeeeeeeee the photos and those flowers! :):):):):):):):):):)

Andrea Ewen said...

Another beautiful creation! Ah, if they could only stay small for just a while longer...
Beautiful colors and fabulous details...your pictures compliment the accents wonderfully~