Weekend Snapshots

Monday, June 6, 2011

Sometimes I wish the weekends would last all week through!  We just love having my hubby home with us and the freedom it gives us to go and do and be and play as a family.  I'm so ready for a vacation, where we'll have him all to ourselves for an entire week.  However, this year, I think we're going to hold off, on our family vacation, until early fall.  That's one of the beautiful things about homeschooling.  Ezekiel won't miss any school; it'll be cool enough that we can camp; and we won't get sucked into all the business and long lines from summer vacationers.  I think that it'll be better all around.  Now, if I can just survive the summer.  Fortunately, for me, my hubby and I are leaving the kiddos with Grandpa and Grandma and sneaking in a long weekend, for our 10th anniversary, soon.  I'm sure that will help with my survival.  LOL!

So, how about a few pics of our weekend happenings?  It all began, on Saturday morning, with a trip to the Old Shawnee Days parade.
It was so, stinkin' hot; but the kiddos didn't seem to notice, as long as we kept them hydrated and there were candy and popsicles, to chase after, in the street.
Then, at the craft show, we enjoyed homemade root beer and kettle corn.  And Ezekiel got to go on a little, scavenger hunt around Shawnee Town, where he visited an old, one-room schoolhouse; created a family genealogy; made a leather necklace; placed a pretend order, for a toy train, in the general store; learned to use a typewriter and a washboard...
and got to dress up for an old-time picture.  It was a day filled with fun!
Sunday morning, we taught our last Sunday School lesson for the summer.  (We're a little burnt out and taking a much-needed break until fall, when we'll be moving down from teaching kindergartners to the wee ones in Adina's classroom.)  The rest of our Sunday was filled with yard work.  BJ's working on extending our current patio, and our vegetable garden was in need of some tender loving care.  Check out this heap of lettuce that was ready for picking.  Yum!
Oh!  And I almost forgot one of the best things of the weekend!  I got a new one of these!  My hubby accidentally broke mine over Mother's Day weekend, and then, last week, it took a turn for the worst and just completely went kaput.  I honestly didn't know my old vacuum sucked (I mean literally.) so poorly, though, until I got to use this baby which has amazing suction!  Plus, it didn't cost an arm and a leg; and so far, I'm lovin' the retractable cord feature and that I'll never have to buy another filter again.  This one is just wash and reuse.  Woohoo!  Goodbye, Dirt Devil!  Hello, Hoover!
Well, I've got a ton of things to catch up on, including lots of DT projects that are calling my name.  I did get to play, in my creative space, this weekend; but unfortunately, I cannot share any of those projects, here, just yet.  But hang tight!  I'll have plenty of inspiration, coming your way, later this week!  Until then, have a super start to your work weeks, everyone!

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Looks like a fab weekend! i loveeeeeeee the photos and yay! on the new vacuum! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)