Weekend Snapshots

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a weekend we've had!  Yes, it ended, for us, just a bit ago.  It all began with Ezekiel's Vacation Bible School program, on Friday night, at First Baptist Church of Shawnee.  It's not our church, but that's where Ezekiel goes to Awana; and with all the dear friendships we have developed there, they have become like our second church family.
I cannot tell you how much the musical meant to me.  I grew up with a super, fun children's program and absolutely LOVED being a part of all the preparations and planning and figuring out of creating amazing programs with a group of noisy kiddos and rattled adults, but our church doesn't do such things.  I miss it and value these opportunities, for both of my kiddos, that much more.
Afterwards, we finally got to enjoy a piece of BJ's birthday cake.  It was such a busy day!
As I type this, we just got home from a long weekend at my parent's house, and I'd love to show you a few more pics of all the fun we had there.  We left Saturday morning and arrived just before lunch and in time for Adina's afternoon nap.  She slept half the day away, and I enjoyed a nice, long chat, over a soda, on the porch swing, in the shade of the locust trees, with my Dad, while Ezekiel and one of his cousins played on the tire swing.  After dinner, we went down town to ride the miniature train...
and get ice cream.
Check out this ice cream beard!
Then, Sunday, after church and a BBQ lunch, my littlest crashed again; and my big kiddo played in the sprinkler with two of his cousins, Jenna and Grant, before they went home, for another work week, with their mom, my big sister.
Jenna and Grant's older sister, Madison, stayed, so Ezekiel still had plenty of fun with her for the rest of our visit.  Anyway, after they left, we enjoyed a picnic dinner outside...
while watching my Dad burn the pile of brush he and my Mom had been accumulating.
Then, we all got rides in/on the tractor, before getting cleaned up and retiring, to bed, for the night.
Monday brought a trip to the Emporia Zoo and more time to relax and just be.
The rest of our trip delivered more of simply enjoying the outdoors, doing a little shopping, playing games, eating good food, and cherishing one another's company.  Thank you, Mom and Dad, for all the wonderful memories and loving my kiddos and I with your whole hearts!  I love you both!
I'll be back, later tonight, with a brand new, Wplus9 Design Color Cue {16}.  Until then, have a wonderful evening!  Oh!  And don't forget that you have until the close of tonight EST to link up your takes on the current Challenge #85 at The Play Date Cafe.  Okay, I'm off to get my kiddos some dinner.  Then, we've got t-ball.  Thanks so much for indulging me with all the personal pictures!  Hugs!

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

What a GREAT weekend!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee all the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

AnitaRex said...

What a fun relaxing weekend! I feeo for you that your church doesn't do the fun kids programs :< But at least you got a little bit of it! VBS Looks like so much fun that your son probably doesn't want it to end! It also reminds me that my daughter is now the age to go! My church doesn't do it so I will look into it!

lynn said...

wow--what a fun weekend!-great ice cream beard! thanks for sharing the great pics:)

Elise said...

BREATHTAKING photos and my heart is FULL from enjoying your beautiful family! This is a truly wonderful share!