Blog Award

Friday, July 1, 2011

I recently received The Irresistibly Sweet Blog Award from the talented and ever-so-sweet Wendy Crowe.  Thanks, girl!  I'm absolutely honored!
When accepting this blog award, I am to thank the person who sent it to me and add a link to their blog.  Check!  I'm also supposed to tell seven facts about myself, and I'm adding that I haven't already shared here or here.
  1. My first, real, paying job, aside from delivering the Shopper, was working as an assistant at a veterinary clinic for $3/hour.
  2. I was once a certified Subway Sandwich Artist.
  3. I wish that I could buy Girl Scout Thin Mints all year round.  I can literally eat an entire roll in one setting.  Ugh!  But oh, so good :)!
  4. My first car was a midnight blue Pontiac Sunbird.  Sooo wish I had a picture of that beauty!  Oh!  And I remember filling it up for 85 cents/gallon.  Can you imagine?
  5. I'd give just about anything to live in the country.  Living in the city makes me feel completely displaced.
  6. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.  Aside from the fabulous weather the November air brings to Kansas, I love that it's not weighed down with the pressure of finding just the perfect gift or spending money for that matter and all about being with family and discovering that we all have so much to be thankful for.
  7. I have two dogs.  The first we adopted, from a farmer, on a camping trip, when Ezekiel was almost two-years-old.  We've been told that she's a mix between a boxer and a dachshund, and she is absolutely great with my kiddos.  We rescued the second about six months later.  Between her previous owner finding out that she wasn't the $300, pure-bread, miniature dachshund that she had purchased and going through a divorce, the poor thing underwent some abuse.  As it turns out, she is a mix between a dachshund and a terrier.  Progressively, since Adina was born, she has gotten more and more skittish and uptight and recently begun nipping at her.  We've been looking, unsuccessfully, for a couple, or I really think that she would be great in a family with teenagers, too, to take her in.  If you know of a loving couple/family with older children, for my sweet pup, please email me.  She'll be six-years-old on November 11th; her given name is Sophie; and she's extremely loyal and loves to play fetch.

Finally, I'm to pass this award on to eight other bloggers in no particular order.  These ladies always seem to leave me love just when I need it the most and have been super encouraging and supportive of my work since the get go.  And that's not to say anything about how uber talented and inspirational they are!  You really should make a stop by their blogs and leave them some love.  They're the kind of ladies that anyone would be proud to call a friend.  This award is just my way of attempting to say thank you.  Ya'll are the best!  Hugs!
  1. Lynn Miller
  2. Lynn Mangan
  3. Julie Tucker-Wolek
  4. Tenia Nelson
  5. Lindsay Amrhein
  6. Laurie Willison
  7. Amy Kolling
  8. Christina MacLaren
And just for fun, how about a few pictures of my big kiddo doing one of his new favorite things?
Thanks so much for stopping by, ya'll!  Oh!  And I just remembered that I can finally share a June publication here.  Woohoo!  So, I'll be back, in just a bit, to do just that.  Happy July!

7 comments:

lynn said...

thank you so much, jinny! loved reading about you. sorry sophie isn't working out for you, but, you can't have nipping, huh? your son's pics bring back memories on all the games i've watched over the years! too cute!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh wow Jinny! Thank you so much! I always like reading more about people especially ones that I've met and call a friend! Our holiday weekend will be spent in KC at a baseball tourney. Those boys sure do love baseball! We are coming tonight and staying through Sunday. Cheap hotel and maybe some fun time while we are there! Have a great one!

Lindsay said...

Thank you for the award Jinny! You are so sweet! I loved learning more about you, I would prefer country living myself too! Cities are just too much for me. So sorry to hear about your dog. Nipping at small children is never a good thing, hopefully a really nice family will take Sophie. Your son looks like he is having a blast!

Lynn said...

Jinny, I loved learning more about you. Thanks so much for choosing me for the award!

Christina said...

Thank you so much for the award, Jinny! I really enjoyed getting to know you better! Your photos of your son are fantastic and remind me of summers as a kid when my brothers and I spent every night at the town's baseball diamonds. Good times!

Sorry to hear things aren't working out with Sophie. :( We had the same issue with our Basset hound when my daughter was becoming mobile, but fortunately my MIL was able to take her and they are a match made in heaven. Plus, we still get to see her regularly! I hope something works out for Sophie soon!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Awwwwwwww thanks love!!! Soooooo awesome to read the things about you!! And loving the photos! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):) Sorry you are having problems with Sophie :( Poor baby..... the abuse she suffered must have been hard on her... {{{hugs}}}

Laurie said...

Thank you SOOO much Jinny! This is so sweet! I am so glad we have had a chance to meet and hope that we can get together again soon! Thank you again!!