CQC #93 & CASE Study #47

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Just popping in with a pretty, little, summertime number to honor and support a friend.
I started this card by masking and stamping all the various, blossom images, in Jet Black ink, on a piece of Whisper White cardstock; masking them, as well as the clouds, again, and sponging everything with Marina Mist ink; coloring in the blossoms with Real Red, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, and Blush Blossom inks and a blender pen; framing it with a piece of Whisper White cardstock; and machine stitching, with black-threaded, straight stitches, around its edges, before adhering it to the Basic Black, cardstock, card face.
The "WARM WISHES" sentiment was stamped, in Basic Black ink, in the top center of the stamped and colored piece.
A sheer, white ribbon, tied, in a bow, just left of center and embellished with a Pure Poppy button, laced with white, string bows...
and a white-embossed, on vellum, and hand-cut butterfly...
complete the look.
My inspiration for this card came from ColourQ's Challenge #93 (I don't have all of Stampin' Up's In Colors, like Peach Parfait, but I think that I got really close to it by mixing Blush Blossom and Pumpkin Pie.  Such a pretty color!)...
and this card, by CASE Study's July muse and my Wplus9 Design hero, Dawn Woleslagle, for Challenge #47.  Dawn has quite the line-up of inspirational creations coming your way this month, so please, be sure to head on over and play along.  You won't be disappointed!
And before I run try to stay cool, I'm absolutely thrilled to share a few recognitions with you all.  First of all, I'm so, stinkin' excited, to tell you all, that this layout made me the PageMaps Best Creations Sketch Contest Winner.  Eeeek!
Then, this fun creation was featured, on CREATE:, for CARDS' Accordion Paper Flowers Challenge.  And finally, this layout earned me the title of ColourQ Courtier.  HUGE thanks to all the designers who made said such possible, including Becky and Robin, Paige, and Arielle and her talented crew!  I'm absolutely honored and humbled that my work could even be said such in an industry filled with so much talent!
Oh!  And I just had to share just a few pictures of one of my kiddos' sheer joys of summer.
Thanks so much for peeking in, ya'll!  Have a terrific Tuesday!

{Supplies & Tools}
Stamps: Hope Seed Co. (Wplus9) Paper: Whisper White & Basic Black (SU); vellum (Paper Studio) Ink: Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Blush Blossom, Real Red, & Basic Black (SU); Jet Black (StazOn); watermark (VersaMark) Other: black thread (Coats & Clark); sewing machine (Janome); white sheer ribbon & white string (Hobby Lobby); Pure Poppy button (PTI); white embossing powder (Ranger)

9 comments:

Christina said...

How lovely, Jinny! You have beautifully captured the essence of Dawn's card and used the challenge colors fabulously, too! Thanks so much for playing along this week!

Lindsay said...

Wow Jinny! Your card is gorgeous! LOVE those flowers! Your kids are too darn cute! TFS!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a lovely card, Jinny, those flowers are adorable and so wonderfully colored! Great button/bow accent and darling butterfly! And your pictures are so fun! I bet the kids slept well that night! Great work, my dear!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

GET OUT!! The sheer amoun t of time that you must have spent on this beauty, deserves a crown on its own! It's a stunner!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Cuteeeeeeeeee photos and love love love the card! Those flowers are GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Linda Beeson said...

SOOOO love those bright colors against that wonderful, cloudy, blue sky!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

WOW! your colors are so bright and beautiful on your card--great CASE! And your children look like they are having a blast! I love love love SUMMER!

~Tammy~ said...

Congrats on well deserved accomplishments! Your card is amazing and I know will be another winner! Well done! Those kiddos are having a blast! Yes, I took a break from the house stuff to let my little one play on the slipnslide! It's so darn hot this summer! Nothing like summertime! I just wished we were moved in so we could enjoy it!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jinny! Love all the details. and your kids look like they are having so much fun! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.